Anyone towing a small 4-door pickup 4-down?

CoolJudy

We have a Dynamax Isata 24'FW with a towing limit of 4,000 lbs.  We have downsized from a 40' and have a Roadmaster All-terrain hitch and a US Gear Unified supplemental braking system from our dying 2006 Honda CR-V.  We would like to 4-down tow a small 4-door crew cab, automatic, pick-up truck.  If yes, did you have to have REMCO do a unique base plate?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Yes, there really is a COOL, California.

Judy, Luke, and GSD Miss Shade

SKP# 89390 - Boomers, SKP Elks, SKP Geocachers, Chapt. 8

CoolRVers on the Road Blog

Selling 2007 Itasca Horizon 40TD and 06 Honda CR-V

2019 Dynamax Isata 3 Series 24FW

20 minutes ago, CoolJudy and Luke said:

We have a Dynamax Isata 24'FW with a towing limit of 4,000 lbs.  We have downsized from a 40' and have a Roadmaster All-terrain hitch and a US Gear Unified supplemental braking system from our dying 2006 Honda CR-V.  We would like to 4-down tow a small 4-door crew cab, automatic, pick-up truck.  If yes, did you have to have REMCO do a unique base plate?

Which small 4 door crew cab automatic pickup can you tow 4 down and weighs less than 4000 lbs?

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

I've been towing a GMC Canyon 4x4 4 door extended cab for 10 yrs and I love it. Its so simple to setup for towing and no limitations or special requirements.

My 2005 model was about 4000 lbs , but in recent yrs this model has "grown" a bit and now weighs about 4500 lbs.  

No I didn't use Remco, I bought all Roadmaster and they had a stock plate that fit the GMC Canyon and its twin the Chevy Colorado

Jim

On 8/12/2018 at 7:26 PM, JRP said:

I've been towing a GMC Canyon 4x4 4 door extended cab for 10 yrs and I love it. Its so simple to setup for towing and no limitations or special requirements.

My 2005 model was about 4000 lbs , but in recent yrs this model has "grown" a bit and now weighs about 4500 lbs.  

Nobility sacooter lift on the back and the frame of the CRV will not handle the tongue weight. I didn't use Remco, I bought all Roadmaster and they had a stock plate that fit the GMC Canyon and its twin the Chevy Colorado

I tow a 2006 CRV and it tows very well,  However a 4 door Colorado or Canyon is what I'm looking for because It can handle the tongue weight of a mobility scooter lift and scooter and the CRV can't.  A good condition, reasonable mileage, Colorado is tough to find

5 hours ago, Gary A said:

I tow a 2006 CRV and it tows very well,  However a 4 door Colorado or Canyon is what I'm looking for because It can handle the tongue weight of a mobility scooter lift and scooter and the CRV can't.  A good condition, reasonable mileage, Colorado is tough to find

I bought a TravelScoot mobility scooter. Deigned by an aircraft designer it weighs 34 pounds and fits in the back of our 2010 Honda CR-V. It's a 3-wheeler, though, so my insurance wouldn't pay for it. To me, it has been well worth the price.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We also purchased a TravelScoot mobility scooter. It is an incredible unit. Fits perfectly in the back of our 2013 Honda CRV. While the scooter is expensive, it would certainly give more options for towing 4 down. You could probably find a used Honda CRV up to year 2014 that you can tow 4 down.

Archived