Passenger Assist Elevator

Jim Gell

My 2001 Gen 1 Volvo has a unique passenger assist lift/elevator.  The previous owner installed it and we have never needed it.   We have decided to remove it in the next month, or so.  If anyone has a need for it, or knows someone who has a need for it, they should contact us soon.  

Here is a video of it in action. 

Passenger Assist Elevator

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Are you going to put something else in its place.

If not one may never know when you may need it. Last fall one day before we headed south my wife hurt her arm packing.

Trip was postponed about two weeks. For surgery and approval to leave. I was thinking of your steps then. So a step ladder was the trick. Both in and out.

Just a thought,.  Vern

Vern,

I had similar thoughts when we started using the truck 4 years ago.  Now, I am thinking it would be better to reduce our weight and/or use that space for an alternative such as a liquid waste transfer tank(s), or tool storage. 

As nice as it would be to solve a problem for someone else, I doubt I will find that person who needs help getting in their Gen 1 truck.  I will try to re-purpose components if I can. 

Jim

2016 smart car

That's a neat setup you have...wonder how our Rottweiler would do on it.  Probably freak out and jump off!

Recently saw a guy pull in to fuel up, the whole side of his sleeper opened up and a platform folded out.

He rolled out in a wheelchair, pushed a button on a remote and it lowered him to the deck.  He fueled up, rolled onto the ramp and off he went.

Pretty cool.  Still trying to figure out the control system he was using to drive but, technology makes anything possible.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

JPL,

With some help from a friend,  I removed it yesterday in a couple hours.  The mechanism bolts to the frame with two existing holes and two drilled holes.  It also attaches to one of the fairing supports to help support the custom fairing door which I am keeping.    The 12 volt hydraulic pump and reservoir sit on a plate mounted across two other fairing supports.  

For now the lift is intact and could be bought to mount on an older Volvo, but they would need to modify their own fairing into a door. Anyone who wants it, should speak up, because it may get parted out for other projects in the future.  It will be in Ohio.  I don't get on this forum often, so best bet is private message me.  I should get an e-mail saying I have the PM and will read it. 

Jim

2016 smart car

Archived