We have some very nice folks in the HDT group!

RandyA

We have some really nice folks on the HDT forum.  Chet recently spent a lot of time refurbishing the Binkley head off of the destroyed Trailersaver hitch from his accident last fall.  He has devised a way to make the pivot pins that wear and are said to be non-replaceable so that they are indeed replaceable.

So when Nancy and I drove to his place to pick up the head we were also gifted with a large 1/2" steel plate for mounting and an 88" piece of 4x4x1/4" angle iron.  Chet could have easily sold these items but he choose to give them to me so that we could assemble an air ride hitch for the fire replacement Cambridge.  Roger is bringing the base to the ECR, which was gifted by Toyhauler.  SClord2002 and (Charlie & Sandra) have been there since the night of the fire giving much-needed cleanup and emotional support.  I am honestly overwhelmed with all the help and kindness extended to us after the total loss fire of our Cedar Creek.  So many people have either helped or offered to help.  Without them, I am not at all sure what we would have done.  We have always tried to give to others through volunteer work and such but have never had such compassion returned to us.

BTW - the guy in the background is Chet and in the foreground is the Old Sailor.  Ironically, both have experienced a total loss of their trailer in the past year.  We make up "sort of" a sub-club, I guess.

IMG_2373.jpg

The Cambridge is beginning to shape up nicely.  There is so much I need or rather want to do to make it right for us.  I never thought I would have to start all of my upgrade projects over again.  I won't do as many and those I do decide to take on will be done differently.  You always learn from your mistakes!

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

This is definitely an exceptional group.  Everyone I have contacted through the forum has been top notch.  I'm sorry for what you are dealing with, but I am glad for the help and care you are receiving.  I look forward to retirement when I will have time to branch out to more than just the WCR to meet more members of the group.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 4/5/2018 at 10:41 AM, RandyA said:

We have some really nice folks on the HDT forum.  Chet recently spent a lot of time refurbishing the Binkley head off of the destroyed Trailersaver hitch from his accident last fall.  He has devised a way to make the pivot pins that wear and are said to be non-replaceable so that they are indeed replaceable.

So when Nancy and I drove to his place to pick up the head we were also gifted with a large 1/2" steel plate for mounting and an 88" piece of 4x4x1/4" angle iron.  Chet could have easily sold these items but he choose to give them to me so that we could assemble an air ride hitch for the fire replacement Cambridge.  Roger is bringing the base to the ECR, which was gifted by Toyhauler.  SClord2002 and (Charlie & Sandra) have been there since the night of the fire giving much-needed cleanup and emotional support.  I am honestly overwhelmed with all the help and kindness extended to us after the total loss fire of our Cedar Creek.  So many people have either helped or offered to help.  Without them, I am not at all sure what we would have done.  We have always tried to give to others through volunteer work and such but have never had such compassion returned to us.

BTW - the guy in the background is Chet and in the foreground is the Old Sailor.  Ironically, both have experienced a total loss of their trailer in the past year.  We make up "sort of" a sub-club, I guess.

IMG_2373.jpg

The Cambridge is beginning to shape up nicely.  There is so much I need or rather want to do to make it right for us.  I never thought I would have to start all of my upgrade projects over again.  I won't do as many and those I do decide to take on will be done differently.  You always learn from your mistakes!

They aren't "mistakes";   they are "Beta Testing Examples", Numbering them one through 436 gives them certain cachet!  ^_^

Today is just the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

Bruce, Sandra & Scampi cat SKP#86370

Your experiences are a big part of the reason why we chose to join SKPs, and although only in my 30s when I was initially exposed, saw that generous and kind personalilty in person in Benson when building a casita for my parents on their lot there.  It was wonderful and I especially enjoyed going back a few years ago to do some work on an Elite Suites, and being invited to tour the casita I helped build.  My father passed soon after that, but I felt reconnected that day.

Marcel

This has nothing to do with the HDT forum other than I saw rpsinc just posted here. He is a definition of a true Escapee! I don't know him from Adam, but sometime back he saw a post that I was considering using Liquid Roof. He kept calling and finally we made contact. Believe me, he went above and beyond, giving me numerous hints and applying methods for the job, that sure made it a much better job. Thanks to rpsinc! 

This is what happens when you get like-minded, caring individuals together. 
IMO, with something like this, both the recipient and giver are both blessed in one way or another.

I have read about a lot of kindness here.  Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

Archived