Jackalopee wiring

phoenix2013

didn't realize mechanical guys were capable of such fancy electrical crocheting...Nice work

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1 hour ago, phoenix2013 said:

Wow, that's a serious "modification", there's got to be a "schematic" for this? 

Pretty simple actually. One green is the in from the truck, the other is spliced to it and goes to a 7 round socket.

The two blacks are spliced together and go to separate rv sockets.

The single red is brake light out to the brake control, and the single blue is electric brake in.

20 hours ago, Moresmoke said:

The single red is brake light out to the brake control, and the single blue is electric brake in.

Dang I wish I had thought of that. Would have saved tearing the dash apart to find the brake light switch.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

14 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Dang I wish I had thought of that. Would have saved tearing the dash apart to find the brake light switch.

It's not a perfect answer, the truck brake lights won't come on if you manually activate the trailer brake control, just the trailer lights.

Unfortunately, on a Volvo, the brake switch closes to ground. It would take a bit of work around to wire a brake control to it. Probably be simpler to add a second brake switch.

4 minutes ago, Moresmoke said:

It's not a perfect answer, the truck brake lights won't come on if you manually activate the trailer brake control, just the trailer lights.

Unfortunately, on a Volvo, the brake switch closes to ground. It would take a bit of work around to wire a brake control to it. Probably be simpler to add a second brake switch.

You can also use a ground as the control circuit on a relay that will output 12+ to go to your controller

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived