Microsoft Mail

LindaH

I've been using Microsoft Mail for Windows 10 as my email client.  It works just fine except for one thing:  Emails in my Inbox disappear after some period of time.  They still show up on my android phone which is using GMail's client, so I know they're still in my Inbox.

I've gone through all the Settings in Mail, but can't find anything that addresses this problem.  Am I just missing it?  I really don't want emails to disappear from my Inbox unless I delete them.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Why not use Gmail as your mail client on your computer as well as on your phone?  That's what I've done and I really like the fact that if I delete emails from the phone they are automatically deleted from the pc.  Also, Gmail's search function is far better IMO than Outlook's and makes it possible for me to easily locate emails from several years ago (I keep and don't delete most incoming emails). Presumably, you understand that you don't have to be using a Gmail address in order to access your emails using the Gmail website and/or app.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Lynda the setting you want to change is in settings and it has to do with hiding them after you read them. Go through the menus looking for that. I used it for a while but it is not set up on any of my systems now. I use MS Office Outlook. However I did fins the Mail program very intuitive once I got the hang of the simplicity of it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I was not able to find anything in the Settings that had anything to do with hiding emails.  There were a few settings where I got the message "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts," so maybe what I'm looking for is in one of those.

I've done numerous Google searches about this problem, but haven't come up with any solution.

To reiterate, I'm using Mail for Windows 10 (not Outlook) on my computer and I'm using the GMail app on my android phone.  I have two older emails -- one from November 2017 and one from November 2016 -- that appear in the Inbox both on my phone's GMail app and if I log into my GMail account on my computer.  However, they do not appear in the Inbox on my computer's Mail for Windows 10 app.

As long as they still appear on my phone, I'm good.  I'm just curious as to why older emails disappear from my Mail for Windows 10 Inbox...and so far, I haven't found a solution to get them to reappear.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

You may want to look at the Mail sync setting and look at the download Mail from and the number of days to download mail from.

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Archived