Vegas Teacher

22 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Hey I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the information. 

Hey Cory,

I don't know how much time you want to put into the interior of your truck. When I did my truck, I had over 3/4 of the interior out including the back half of the head liner in a 630 vnl. I had time on my side when doing this project. I also installed Reflextix insulation( https://www.homedepot.com/p/Reach-Barrier-2-ft-x-10-ft-Double-Reflective-Insulation-Roll-with-Double-Air-DD24010/204476650?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ufgmYGm2QIV2AmBCh0BVQWUEAQYASABEgIrp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIaq3JuBptkCFRQnHwodMjwHqQ) over the top the sound mat. You can use a spray adhesive (Super 77) to attach the Reflextix to the Rattle trap sound mat.

Just a few ideas,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

17 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hey Cory,

I don't know how much time you want to put into the interior of your truck. When I did my truck, I had over 3/4 of the interior out including the top half of the head liner in a 630 vnl. I had time on my side when doing this project. I also installed Reflextix insulation( https://www.homedepot.com/p/Reach-Barrier-2-ft-x-10-ft-Double-Reflective-Insulation-Roll-with-Double-Air-DD24010/204476650?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ufgmYGm2QIV2AmBCh0BVQWUEAQYASABEgIrp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIaq3JuBptkCFRQnHwodMjwHqQ) over the top the sound mat. You can use a spray adhesive (Super 77) to attach the Reflextix to the Rattle trap sound mat.

Just a few ideas,
Al

That is an awesome Idea I am going over to home depot tonight anyway project for the DOW but will look into that!

V.T. - Cory Ossana

Guy's I have used this from Lowe's in 4 trucks. Peel-Seal-Instant-Waterproof-Repairs Used it in a 2004 Chevy 2500. Started on it 3 weeks after buying it now. Took the ringing when you shut the doors. Then the Old 1987 Ford F800, man it made it 100% better. Then Used it in the Chevy Kodiak C5500. Its like a tin can, shut the door. Sounds like you slammed it. Anything made a Ringing sound in it. But this stuff WOW what a difference. The Kenworth was quite to start with. But put it under the door panels. And can tell a it helped out.

Local guy that put in High End Stereo's in cars. Used it and people could not tell it was not Hush mat.

event.png

1 hour ago, Pete Kildow said:

Guy's I have used this from Lowe's in 4 trucks. Peel-Seal-Instant-Waterproof-Repairs Used it in a 2004 Chevy 2500. Started on it 3 weeks after buying it now. Took the ringing when you shut the doors. Then the Old 1987 Ford F800, man it made it 100% better. Then Used it in the Chevy Kodiak C5500. Its like a tin can, shut the door. Sounds like you slammed it. Anything made a Ringing sound in it. But this stuff WOW what a difference. The Kenworth was quite to start with. But put it under the door panels. And can tell a it helped out.

Local guy that put in High End Stereo's in cars. Used it and people could not tell it was not Hush mat.

Home Depot has a similar product and , if there's a Menards around they also handle roof repair tape at a much 'nicer' price . 

I keep it handy . I have had all our Monaco roof seams covered with it for the last 6 + years and it's still in great shape . So it would likely last about a lifetime hidden in the black holes of your trucks . ;) 

Goes around , comes around .

Archived