First HDT & Camper spotted - 12.22.17, I-10 East, AL #3.

Stickman81

Hey everyone! 

Yesterday I spotted my first HDT and Camper combo.

We were on I-10, west bound in Alabama at about the #3 mile marker at about 1500 HRS.  It happened pretty fast as there was a good bit of traffic and I did not see the rig until at about my 10 o'clock position.  The rig was East bound on I-10. 

It was a darker red Volvo, perhaps a 630.  The fifth wheel camper was pretty good sized.  It was also a darker red with black stripe accents I believe.

So, If that was you, I will wave at you now because I did not have time to yesterday.  :)

Safe travels to all,
Jim

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

2 hours ago, 13speed said:

Yes that was me. We were heading to Destin. I did not notice any other HDT's but there was quite a bit of traffic as you said. Wave back at you Jim!

Haha!  So Cool! 
It is a small world.

Have fun in Destin and, I hope Santa is able to find you without any trouble.

Jim
Noob entertaining the idea of an HDT and 5'ver.
I like big trucks and I cannot lie...  :)

I was headed from Dothan to south of Panama City on same day. Passed two HDTs pulling 5vers going north on the 21st and 22nd, driving down 65 from Middle, TN to FL. Both Volvos, one was white with blue graphics and the 2nd was green maybe? We are parked 50 yards from the beach for a month south of Panama City. Christmas on the beach ain't a bad thing. 30 degrees high in Nashville today, so good choice. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Destin was getting chilly so we are headed down to Tampa and Fort Myers. I forgot how much I really like FL. 

1 hour ago, rdickinson said:

I've stayed at Camp Gulf in Destin but stay away from the beach.  The onshore winds during the day blow sand into everything, slide mechanisms, steps.  Sand gets inside the rig everywhere.

We took the girls to the dog beach on Sunday in the Volvo and OMG like you said sand everywhere! Fun as it was I am not sure if we will do that again. A hour and a half of fun required 2 hours of dog baths and Volvo vacuuming(: 

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

16 hours ago, rdickinson said:

I've stayed at Camp Gulf in Destin but stay away from the beach.  The onshore winds during the day blow sand into everything, slide mechanisms, steps.  Sand gets inside the rig everywhere.

yup, we are near the beach, in a gravel area, surrounded by trees, without being on the beach. Best of both worlds. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Welcome to Paradise Fella's, the weather is why I live here and why I now own an HDT. Sometimes I need to head north to escape the summer heat.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Archived