Notice East Coast Rally

SuiteSuccess

Kim at Deer Run has informed me we are already at near capacity for the East Coast Rally. She asked for folks to continue to call and she will be placing them on a “wait list” for a site.  She will be contacting everyone after the first of the year and inevitably sites will come open as people’s plans change. So don’t be disheartened. I will also be meeting with her next week to discuss ways we might increase capacity. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Impressive. Must be more than 72 rigs that you had last year. Good Job. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl, we might have to find an overflow park if this keeps up. Kim is adding new sites but she seems to wait until the last minute to finish them. Is she going to try and get the area next to the pavilion tent setup ready for next spring?

Yeah,  average cost of each new site is in neighborhood of $8-10k so from economic standpoint she has to wait. David Dixon is at Deer Run and we are going to be exploring all options. Unfortunately most of the campgrounds in the area can’t handle our size rigs but may be able to park trailers elsewhere and leave trucks at Deer Run and commute in smarts. Other options might be some areas at Deer Run where boondocking would work. David and I will be asking about new sites near tent. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, lappir said:

Impressive. Must be more than 72 rigs that you had last year. Good Job. 

Rod

Thanks Rod. Never envisioned it growing like this. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 1 month later...

Just as an FYI, I saw that Grand Desgin is having a 2nd rally at Deer Run (May 3rd-7th). They have their first rally set from May 10th-14th. My understanding is they fill the park also. This may impact the folks that decide to stay a month or so at Deer Run after the HDT rally and you might find it full or over run by GD. - https://www.granddesignrv.com/calendar/2018-tennessee-grand-design-rv-owners-rally-2 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

We may have to do the same if the ECR keeps growing, lol.  Don’t know if my back and psyche could handle it though.  On a serious note, I will check with Kim about anyone wanting to stay through those dates.  I would imagine the May 3-7 might not fill the park.  The May10-14 definitely will.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ok, checked with Kim.  She’s in Florida for Christmas and New Year but will be back In Crossville early January.  She is going to be contacting everyone on her list in mid January for attendance confirmation.  We have given her access to our Rally registration information also so she will be able to cross check.  If you wish to stay past our rally dates into May please let her know and she will try to accommodate.  Those that have already made arrangements will be accommodated.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Carl,

Could you please post the date of the rally in this thread. I think it can help some of us out. I want to put the date on my master white planning board calendar. 

Thanks Carl for understanding,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

51 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Alan, the 2018 ECR will be held form April 14th to the 20th.

HI Dave,

Thank you for the date. I will mark my calendar after I finish writing to this post.

Thank you again,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived