Getting work done

Vegas Teacher

Well the Volvo is getting ready to go the shop.....

I got my kill switch done a couple of weeks ago and the mobile mechanic is great. I am letting him work on my truck again. Thursday I am having shocks, seals and brakes done. He is also removing the hitch, or commercial 5th wheel. He will cap off all glad hands and non useful airlines and replace my front lights. Hey does anybody have a contact for Dave Dixon? Labor will be 1100.00  parts 475.00 before I get my core charge money back.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

12 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Bludot brake system may come in the future. Be sure to leave gladhand system where you can to into it later. Good spot for an air quick connect also. 

I second Glenn's thought about the quick air line connection.  Remove the truck air lines just behind the cab and then install a quick air line coupler in that area. You will be glad that you did this. Now you can use any air tools or if you have a need to air up tires.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I third Glenn's thought -

My little tractor has all air and electric equipment for commerical trailers left intact.  Both RV and commerical electric plugs exist side by side.  Used the air through the trailer supply side ("red valve") just this evening. 

If you end up in a shop and OEM system components have been removed and tossed it can sometimes lead to the "we don't know what 'they' have done to your truck doing 'that' rv stuff to it... " or you can end up in a parts goose chase... 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived