Good Deal on a starter kit

rickeieio

In doing some research for our daughter and SIL, I stumbled upon this:

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/M-%26-K-Sport-Coach-3039752/listing/2008-Newmar-X-AIRE-123322008

Notice, that price is for both pieces.  Trailer is solid, but needs a little elbow grease.  Mor-Ryde suspension, drum brakes.  No apparent leaks.  No smells.

Truck is dated, but decent, 133k miles, 300 Cat/Allison.  Air brakes, 19k rear axle, air ride axle and seats. Bed is showing it's age, needs a little patching and re-paint.

I believe it can be bought for under $50k.  If I were 10 years younger, I'd buy it, spend the winter fixing it up, and sell it for a nice profit.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 9/5/2017 at 0:09 PM, spindrift said:

Almost makes me want to look at a toyhauler.

I started it, but did not put it in gear.  I was doing a fine job of living up to the nick name of "Clatter-piller".  It might have a little blow-by, but it was a cold start, and I only ran it long enough to build air, twice.  Pumped it down to see how long it took.

If one wanted either piece, he could buy the  rig and get well over half his money back in a hurry.  The salesman said he had $48k in it, and wanted to turn it quickly, as it doesn't fit his image on that lot.  They're a Mack/Volvo/Renegade dealer and he took it on trade.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

4 hours ago, Black said:

Wait....are you saying he only has $8k in that trailer? Heck of a trade it seems...

Well, that's not what my brain was saying, but that's what showed up on the monitor.  I've corrected it to say "$48k in it".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived