1995 KW T600

Pete Kildow

We found a truck last week. Drove to Fort Worth Tx Thursday. Looked the truck over that evening. Paid the guy for it, got a hotel room for the night. As I pulled into the hotel parking lot. The AC took out.:wacko: So got up at 3am and headed out. Ran to Little rock AR, before it got warmer then I could stand. As it started raining, and had to roll up the windows. So east of Little Rock pulled in. Got a room at the Marriott. That was around 11am. Got back up and left out at 4am heading home. Got home around 8am.

Turned out the relay for the blower motor. Had gotten weak, and would let the fan run for 10 seconds or so. Then trip, cool back down and turn again same cycle. I started to test that Thursday evening. But we had left The Tn river at 5am that morning. And it was 8pm by then.

The truck is clean on the inside. Outside is not bad, but someone had vinyl on it in spots. And that has left the pain darker then the rest. I think its something left over from the vinyl. Will try to buff it out, and see how it turns out.  Its a Factory single axle truck. Ordered to pull horse's around with. Never been titled out of the area where it was bought new. 628,000 miles on the clock. Its a 1995 Kenworth T600, Detroit 11.1 10 speed trans and 2.93 gears. Ran from 75 in Tn to 65 most of the rest of the trip. Truck did well on the trip rather then the Ac. Has the 72" Sleeper with the sofa and upper bunk. Has a bed on it that was mounted after the upfitter got it. Will have to notch out the best to fit my air ride 5th wheel down into the bed. As it only has a flip over gooseneck ball right now.

Last owner had a roller mounted on the end of the bed. And had a flat bed fixed to load up on the truck. Not sure why they did that, but I will be cutting that roller off the back next week also. Factory carpet is in great shape, it does need the 2 front sleeper windows. But most of those get busted in Hail storms. And will have to get a new front bumper for it also. Guy told us he hit a small deer and busted it.

Its not allowing me to upload my pics. And photo bucket does not work these days. Will get some uploaded soon.

Also its the dark brown part of our camper has. So will match good with the Solid Dark Brown color. Plus the truck was ordered with get this 4 150 gallon fuel tanks. Back pair only takes fuel from the front 2. So fill them up and it will level out into all 4. Figure those other 2 tanks will be coming off.

Pete

20861628_1273183326143097_91673147115099

20863566_1273183312809765_44774042692891

Found a way to get a pair on here.

event.png

23 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

Figure those other 2 tanks will be coming off.

Pete

You might consider using one of those tanks to haul waste water, trade the other for a new tank, to haul fresh water.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Congratulations.  Now the fun begins.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Great keep us posted and share some pics when you get it figured out. I echo the comment on using one tank for waste depending on how you will be travelling.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Also found a deal in the glove compartment. ENFORA GSM2218-01 CAR GPS VEHICLE TRACKING DEVICE . Its all in there, GPS and Sat connectors and wires. Not 95% sure what all it dose. I know its to track the truck and get in touch with dispatch. so I have no use for it. Guess I will throw it on Ebay. 

Pete

event.png

On 8/16/2017 at 8:35 PM, rickeieio said:

You might consider using one of those tanks to haul waste water, trade the other for a new tank, to haul fresh water.

I am with Rick on this.  You won't regret it, especially when you need it!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Good ol truck!  Pull your fan unit out of the top of the HVAC unit.  I bet it is rusted and "pulling hard".  But that's not to say it'll be the last time you'll be in that PD box.  It's gonna be the bain of your existence.  I've never used them or seen their completed unit, but I've met a pre-01 KW PD box rebuilder at one of the truck shows.  Always thought that is an interesting business model.  OK, well, "poor sucker" was my actual thought........^_^

On 8/18/2017 at 1:28 PM, Scrap said:

Good ol truck!  Pull your fan unit out of the top of the HVAC unit.  I bet it is rusted and "pulling hard".  But that's not to say it'll be the last time you'll be in that PD box.  It's gonna be the bain of your existence.  I've never used them or seen their completed unit, but I've met a pre-01 KW PD box rebuilder at one of the truck shows.  Always thought that is an interesting business model.  OK, well, "poor sucker" was my actual thought........^_^

Winner Winner Chicken dinner.. Fan works perfect wired up to a battery. But shorter wires there. But spin the fan by hand. And it will only move an inch if that. So as you put it,its pulling hard. Thus popping the relay. Buddy of mine told me he would get a new motor for it. And he has not had any issues with the one he gets. Not sure where its coming from. And  he did tell me it would not have any model numbers. But was a motor someone was rebuilding. And he has done over a dozen. And in 7 years none has come back in for that issue.

Forgot to put, the can box has no rust. But the motor is pulling hard.

event.png

Archived