software attempt update

GlennWest

Went to freightliner in Beaumont today. Downloaded info. Was going to change settings but password protected and he didn't have backdoor software for my year model. He is getting it. No charge. Did find out truck turned down to 425 hp. He is going to bump up to 515 and remove speed govenor as soon as he gets software. Very helpful and doing this with no ticket to lower cost for me. I suspected power was off but didn't think it would be turned down.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

No. It always felt weak to me. But it is the only truck I have ever drove also. I have not had it in the mountains so really don't know good it pulls. As far as speed govenor I dislike taking miles to pass another truck. You think turning it up would hurt fuel mileage? I was under impression it would benefit.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

No. It always felt weak to me. But it is the only truck I have ever drove also. I have not had it in the mountains so really don't know good it pulls. As far as speed govenor I dislike taking miles to pass another truck. You think turning it up would hurt fuel mileage? I was under impression it would benefit.

I'm not an expert but I do love horsepower and torque. Higher hp will not hurt your mileage unless you use it. High hp has never helped my mileage because if I have it I use it, just can't help it. Your mileage will really be determined by your mapping or fueling curve, not sure what yours is. If turning up the horses leaves everything else the same with exception of adding more depth to the go pedal and you drive it the same you may see a slight increase. On ldt trucks you can get some pretty serious mileage gains with hp gains if you have the right tuner. On these big beast with what we do I'm not sure your really going to impact it one way or the other significantly.

If you only use the horsepower you really "need" to get the job done, you can see some fairly impressive mileage. What I mean is if your engine produces 500HP and you only use the full 500HP on the big, high speed pulls and only use 350HP to accelerate from a stop instead of full throttle you can see an increase. I used to own a Pete with a 600HP 2050ft-lb engine and so long as I was not showing off(mild acceleration, lower cruise speeds which require less power to maintain) I could almost get 10mpg grossing 95,000lb, but as soon as I started driving hard and fast my mileage suffered dramatically. The difference between cruising at 67mph and 75mph was a loss of up to 2mpg.

Archived