Walmart accepts Pesos?

Five Wood

Why couldn't you pay for some of the things? I'm not sure I understand that. I do thank you for 'paying it forward'. Nice of you to do so. No surprise that they would take Pesos - stores on the other side of the border take dollars. Currency does flow across the border.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

No surprise that they would take Pesos - stores on the other side of the border take dollars. Currency does flow across the border.

Exactly! And I have to say that at times I felt disadvantaged by not speaking better Spanish than I do when we were in the RGV.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Why couldn't you pay for some of the things? I'm not sure I understand that. I do thank you for 'paying it forward'. Nice of you to do so. No surprise that they would take Pesos - stores on the other side of the border take dollars. Currency does flow across the border.

He was talking about our tax dollars by her using an EBT card. The food stamps voucher now looks like a credit card. There is still the WIC voucher though. So a Mexican family shopping at WalMart using an American welfare card leaving in a vehicle with Mexican license plates.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Yeah 5wood, I hear you. Got a couple of food stamp stories. I stood in line at WM and saw a gal purchase a custom made birthday cake for a 6 year old child (was scripted on the cake) at a price of $49.99. Another experience was a lady was attempting to purchase a 40 lbs. bag of dry dog food. After much going back and forth with the cashier, the lady excused herself and went back into the store. She came back with a couple of chubs of hamburger meat and said "he'll like this". Cashier rang it up and off she went. I won't bore you with more stories, but just had to share. As we say down home "that just ain't right". But what do you do? rockin'

PS Spent many winters in the RGV. Most of the Walmarts there, the announcements over the PA system are in Spanish.

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

We have always been a nation of immigrants. Whose to say that they haven't legally emigrated to the US? They still have 30 days to switch to US plates, so what's the big issue? Unless you know the backstory of course. I served for several years in the Air Force in Europe and I can't even begin to count the number of times I witnessed American tourists going into Dutch markets, stores or restaurants and offering up $$$ instead of the local currency. Never gave it much thought back then or today. Live and let live. Of course that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

It is very common that Mexican families come to the Valley to shop, and/or own houses on both sides of the border. Very, very common. So seeing Mexican plated cars in the Valley is nothing new. Using welfare cards is another topic I'll leave alone for now. Not knowing the specific circumstances of someone makes it difficult to comment.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

It is more than likely that she has a child born in the USA and by our law a USA citizen therefore eligible to receive welfare etc. Been to both Mexico and Canada and they have no problem accepting USA Dollars.

My dad was born in the USA in 1910 of parent's not USA citizens and by that same law a USA Citizen. They returned to Italy and did not come back to the USA till the early 20's.He is listed in as a USA citizen on entry to the USA. There was no welfare in those days.

It is our law.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I'm going to delete my original post. Not because anything I said was wrong, but because this is going to quickly become an argument and people's feelings are going to get hurt. I was venting my frustration, but I should have kept my opinions on this topic to myself.

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

Archived