Escapees Florida Mail Service

chindog

My head is spinning on how the Escapees mail service works for a Florida domicile. We need to start setting up everything for a Florida domicile on the 1st of next year, but we are befuddled by the "dual address" thing.

I can understand having our kids and grandkids send letters and requests for school fundraisers to someplace in Texas, when we are trying to be Florida residents. But what about the important stuff, like our credit card statements? Or our pension payment stubs, and our social security statements? Shouldn't those be sent to our Florida address?

I've not yet found anything online that explains exactly how this system works. Can anyone who is using the dual address system please explain it? Thanks.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

We have been using this mail forwarding service for about 3 years and love it. When we are at a place for a few days we call and the forward our mail to us. We do most of our stuff by internet. We have paperless bank statements, credit cards and ss. I can go on line and print any of these off if needed, which I have never had to except the 1099 for SS and my military retirement. With this service you call them and they will tell you who has sent you mail and you can elect to have them destroy junk mail. I would thin that if you have the Livingston mail forward and you are in FL they will send you your mail to an address you give them.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

I suggest you call the Escapee office in Livingston and share your questions and concerns with them. In simple terms, the place that you get your general mail does not have to be the same as your domicile, while the address for your Driver's license and vehicle registration does have that requirement. Bank statements and such don't matter but most of us get those via internet even so since it is less complicated, quicker and it saves money for remailing. Insurance documents probably could also be done via the internet but some may need to be mailed and that will need to be your FL address if they are and it should be the address used on them. The reason for that is that they use the mailing of documents as a means to verify that you have an address in the state claimed as domicile. Other mail can go pretty much anywhere as long as there is an address at the domicile for legal purposes.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Check into St. Brendans Isle. They are a service in Green Cove Springs, Fla. that will give you a Fla. address and have a mail service second to none. I know many folks using them and are very satisfied.

Gary & Penny

2015 Lance 1172

2005 Chevy 3500

2013 Bass Tracker 190 Pro Team

Before selecting a Florida domicile mail service, check the vehicle insurance rates for the county they're located in. You may be surprised at the differences.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks everyone for the responses. We are checking on vehicle insurance rates for both Escapees and SBI. Having just the one FL address would be a plus, but we'll see what impact that may have on insurance costs. The rates for SBI with the online mail viewing are pretty much what we are paying now for our GA mail forwarding service. We currently use Traveling Mailbox, and they do have an option for a FL mailing address, but I'm not sure how well that would work using it as a domicile.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Archived