LED's for tail & parking lights?

Kirk W

1 I guess my 40 years doing electrical service work has made me address problems before I know that I have them! :rolleyes:

Nope, you did what most experts do, anticipate problems, and prepare solutions before you make a change.

FWIW, I replaced the entire tail/stop lights on our MH with LED fixtures. Now the stop lights are so bright I have trouble seeing while backing into our garage at night. They reflect off the white sheet metal inside the building and almost blind me in the mirrors.

I've also noticed when I brake at night, anyone behind me backs off quickly.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

FWIW, I replaced the entire tail/stop lights on our MH with LED fixtures. Now the stop lights are so bright I have trouble seeing while backing into our garage at night. They reflect off the white sheet metal inside the building and almost blind me in the mirrors.

I've also noticed when I brake at night, anyone behind me backs off quickly.

Also, LED tail lights are visible for a much longer distance in all types of weather. The only problem is if you are in snow they do not generate enough heat to melt the snow off the lights, but, MOST of us won't be in that situation with our RVs.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived