HDT set up questions.

13speed

While I don't totally disagree with you - they certainly do nice work - a hospitality lounge is not really equivalent to what you see in a high end RV. Understanding the nuances of advanced RV systems is a little different. They can certainly do the work, but the customer is going to have to be VERY involved to get what they want. Not a bad thing in my opinion. Lets take an example. How many heated floor systems have they installed and what are the tradeoffs in both installation requirements, feature/function, and maintenance between them. The answers come from experience in putting in many floors.

I'm not disputing that they do very nice work....just that the nature of the project is very different from a custom RV. I TOTALLY agree with you about the frame/structure. Way better than a typical RV. And a great start to a custom coach. Just plan to be very involved in such a build.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack, here's a little perspective. They are more akin to a sticks & bricks. Solar?... no. They have 20K -70K Whisperwatt generators. They have 4-5 heat pump units. They can accommodate 40-50 guests with living, private conference rooms, and bathrooms. They're designed by engineers, interior decorators, and all other professional trade craftsmen, not jack's of all trades. The only reason I didn't call them is... I know what they cost. The audience is corporate customers and sponsors that when they are giving "you" $20-30 million dollars, they expect a lot in return. BTW, most are accompanied by a straight rig that hauls a full commercial kitchen and the tables and chairs for outdoor entertaining. It's good to be an owner, sponsor, or driver! Funny thing was my wife was always welcome, but as an engineer... I was mostly outside except for debriefs. :(

http://experientialvehicles.com/vehicles/mobile-corporate-hospitality-luxury-lounge/

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Holy cow did this thread go somewhere else:) well I can't afford a feather lite or anything else like it BUT wait till everyone sees what Marsha and I finished cooking up yesterday. I can promise one thing, that it will be a original one of a kind. Weather anyone would have the same priorities that I do or not in the design it is going to be a impressive unit. We are doing a few things that have either not been done or at least not been done together. The plan is to have it ready just in time for next years rally.

Jack, we need to have some "systems" discussions when you have some time. That is the one area that I don't completely understand what I need.

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

Holy cow did this thread go somewhere else:) well I can't afford a feather lite or anything else like it BUT wait till everyone sees what Marsha and I finished cooking up yesterday. I can promise one thing, that it will be a original one of a kind. Weather anyone would have the same priorities that I do or not in the design it is going to be a impressive unit. We are doing a few things that have either not been done or at least not been done together. The plan is to have it ready just in time for next years rally.

Jack, we need to have some "systems" discussions when you have some time. That is the one area that I don't completely understand what I need.

Chris, contact me offline and we can discuss your "adventure"..... :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, here's a little perspective. They are more akin to a sticks & bricks. Solar?... no. They have 20K -70K Whisperwatt generators. They have 4-5 heat pump units. They can accommodate 40-50 guests with living, private conference rooms, and bathrooms. They're designed by engineers, interior decorators, and all other professional trade craftsmen, not jack's of all trades. The only reason I didn't call them is... I know what they cost. The audience is corporate customers and sponsors that when they are giving "you" $20-30 million dollars, they expect a lot in return. BTW, most are accompanied by a straight rig that hauls a full commercial kitchen and the tables and chairs for outdoor entertaining. It's good to be an owner, sponsor, or driver! Funny thing was my wife was always welcome, but as an engineer... I was mostly outside except for debriefs. :(

http://experientialvehicles.com/vehicles/mobile-corporate-hospitality-luxury-lounge/

(in the link) - "handles 50-75 guests" .

Just what any rally needs for inclement weather

Wonder if Henry has the same inside/outside "welcome" situation?

Archived