Truck Batteries

SuiteSuccess

Soooo how bad is the buck from a rolling start in a 10 sp turning over the Cummins? I remember the lurch from a Datsun 210 could be a little jumpy, also remember pull starting a tractor a time or 2.

I also remember stalling our truck the day after we had bought it. Sitting at a light on an uphill angle with a Sioux Falls police car behind me..... Truck does not roll up hill from a dead stop in 4th...... Spilled my wifes coffee all over yeah......that was interesting....

Not sure I want to be in the drivers seat when the clutch is let out the big truck without engine running.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

4th gear in a 9/13/18 and you won't even notice it. Never done it in a 10. Since you spend all day matching gear, clutch, and road speed when it is running it'll all come natural and you'll know when it is time. You'll surprise yourself the first time.

Should probably say I've never done it in a new truck. I've heard roomer that it is a no-no or is hard on them but never heard definitively what it is. I suppose also goes without saying to be darn sure it isn't in R or you'll f it all up...

I put-putted back into the yard on my 650 thumper to find my lad and his buddy-who-knows-bikes attempting to start my lad's new to him Suzuki 600 thumper-with-kick-start-only. They were on attempt 3 returning to the top of our very shallow Delco hill and one riding the other pushing to assist and "OK!" clunkety clunk skid tire... puffing, red faces, "we read on the internet these 600's can be buggers to start..."

I dismounts and looks it over... puffing lads talking ... I turned the fuel petcock to "ON"... gave it 5 seconds, choke, 4 inch kick of kick starter... vroom

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I dismounts and looks it over... puffing lads talking ... I turned the fuel petcock to "ON"... gave it 5 seconds, choke, 4 inch kick of kick starter... vroom

I've been on both sides of that scenario......One side is fun the other, not do much.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Or bumping the kill switch with your glove!! The looks of egg on face..... priceless

We have a classic Gold Wing in the stable that will crank over with the kill switch "off" ... ask me how me know...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived