Sunshine1

Silicone spray on slide outs?

The rubber flaps on my slide out sound terrible when moving. Also the rubber flaps tend curl under in some places.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you deal with it?

I have no water leakage that I am aware of.

Thanks ahead of time!

There's a spray slide out treatment for the seals you can purchase from Amazon or Camping World. I use it every year to prevent cracking. Helps with the sqeeking noise too.

Best to check first to see what your manufacturer recommends. Different mgf'ers use different type/quality seals. Some seals need lube or protectant, and some don't. Squeaking rubber is not necessarily a bad thing. Winnebago recommended corn starch on mine, but it made them so slick they would not flip when running the slide in and out. Other than the one time with corn starch, I have never used anything on mine. They still look great after 13 years and over 100k miles, over half of it full-time use.

There's a spray slide out treatment for the seals you can purchase from Amazon or Camping World. I use it every year to prevent cracking. Helps with the sqeeking noise too.

They make a product specifically for slide out rubber seals. Just used it yesterday. It's a spray-on foam. I use it on anything rubber on the outside of the RV.

Name of the product(s)?

303 is one of the only products recommended for rubber (tires specifically) other products degrade rubber and are NOT recommended!

Baby powder. Just apply to a small towel and rub on.

Just curious, doesn't baby powder gum up and get all nasty when it gets wet? I mean, it rains every other day where I am.

I've been using cheap silicone spray from Walmart for eight years on my unit and the slide seals look like new.

Sunshine1, on 01 Jul 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:Sunshine1, on 01 Jul 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

Is the 303 hard to put on? Both my shoulder are bad, I wonder about applying it since it sounds like the same procedure as applying wax?

It is not a wax. It is a liquid that you simply apply with a cloth. No wiping or buffing afterward.

We use 303 for all rubber products around the RV, including tires and slideout seals.

Edited by LindaH

I have found Protect All lubricant to be very handy for a wide variety of uses. Specifically, it sprays on in a liquid and will penetrate into hinge joints. Then it becomes somewhat waxy and remains in place to provide long-lasting lubrication. I have used it successfully for small device gears, convertible top hinge points, RV antenna lifting gears, power seat worm gears, RV and household door locks, and a multitude of other places needing lubrication. They can last a long time, but I finally used up my first one and immediately bought another.