Porter Cable 150# Compressor on Sale

SWharton

Not a bad price but don't let the Porter Cable brand make you think that is any better than brand X. Since Black and Decker took them over they are just Chinese crap. I have over 30 PC tools in my shop and most are more than 20 years old but the new stuff is just crap and PC does not stand behind them or carry replacement parts. As far as I'm concerned you might as well buy HF stuff.

I have one that I got at Lowe's a little over a year ago. It is a good compressor. I use it to air up my load range G tires and it does just fine. May not be super fast since it is a small tank, but it works well. I would not be afraid to recommend this compressor to anyone.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I have one that I got at Lowe's a little over a year ago. It is a good compressor. I use it to air up my load range G tires and it does just fine. May not be super fast since it is a small tank, but it works well. I would not be afraid to recommend this compressor to anyone.

Neither would I and I have , many times . I haven't heard anyone say I steered them wrong . I've run one for more than 5 years without a problem .

They might just be Chinese crap , but they are pretty good Chinese crap . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

The Porter Cable pancake compressor is on sale at Home Depot this weekend for $99, I have seen it from $129-$159. Ad says "while supply lasts".

I bought a Porter Cable pancake compressor with a brad nailer over 20 years ago and it is still working just fine. It doesn't get a lot of use, but usually at least once a year I will have a bicycle tire or motorcycle tire I need pumped up. It will get up to 120 lbs, but filling a truck or trailer tire takes a real long time. Can't remember the "duty cycle", but am pretty sure it's not 100%.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

If you guys are looking for just a compressor to air up tires (and maybe power up a separate tank?) check this one out:

http://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464922547&sr=8-1&keywords=88p+viair

I purchased it after having to wait ages for my cheapo harbor freight compressor or my pancake compressor to top up my tires. I knew it would be good based on the comments I've read on off-roading boards, but I wasn't prepared how good it is. I bought it before going to Pismo, where I planned to air down the trailer and truck tires down to 10-15psi. I was able to air 7 of my tires (65 psi in the trailer tires, 72 psi in the rear truck tires) in the time it took to air 1 trailer tire with the pancake compressor. I didn't time it, but I think it only took 5 mins or less to air each tire from 10psi to 60+ psi. The 88p now proudly sits in my truckbed toolbox as one of my indispensible, always carried tools.

Archived