New Project

lappir

Am looking for ideas on finding a 42 to 48 inch door that I can place on the side of my cargo box. Have tried Vander Haags in Des Moines and a couple other salvage yards with no success in finding a door from a damaged box. $1200 for a new one is a bit out of my budget at the moment. Any suggestions?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Sorry 48 wide I believe and 84 tall. We are really not sure and have hopes we can find a door to ride the bike through to ensure fit.

Seen some very interesting doors at Bontragers, out in the yard.

Is this in Wis. MI or NY? I'm midwest for the summer.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod, Are you looking for a roll up or a swinging door?

Here is a new swing door for like a side door on a cargo trailer for under $500 but it is only 74" high. Could you use half of a rear door on a semi-trailer?

http://www.mirageinc.com/48-rv-entrance-door-square-universal-400-series

For a roll up door you would have to probably look at a wrecked beverage trailer.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

We have a curb side 44 w door on our Morgan 20 ft cargo box and it is priceless since it opens just in front of our Samuria when it is strapped down in the cargo bay we can load too many tons "essentual-items" (junk) thru the side door.....if desired we can load and unload several dirt bikes without unloading the Samuria since we have a 10 ft x 8 ft floor space plus a 4 ft x 8 foot shelf also.

We open the side door at least 10 times for every time we open the back roll up door.

Drive on......(Do close the side door before you drive down the road...don't ask....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Bontrager's RV Surplus is in White Pigeon MI. If you go in an RV they have spaces for you to overnight. The place is amazing, the people are very helpful and the more you buy the more they discount (don't be afraid to ask)

99% of the RV parts in our project came from there. It is worth the trip. We'd get up at 2AM to make the 7 hr trip, drive there, have a drive thru breakfast and hit the store, spend most of the day there and hit a few other RV surplus places then drive home at 4 pm. Its a bit kamikaze but one year we did it 7 times.

Bontrager's RV Surplus is in White Pigeon MI. If you go in an RV they have spaces for you to overnight. The place is amazing, the people are very helpful and the more you buy the more they discount (don't be afraid to ask)

99% of the RV parts in our project came from there. It is worth the trip. We'd get up at 2AM to make the 7 hr trip, drive there, have a drive thru breakfast and hit the store, spend most of the day there and hit a few other RV surplus places then drive home at 4 pm. Its a bit kamikaze but one year we did it 7 times.

Would be a 6 1/2 hour trip according to Google maps for me. May consider it. Don't see any doors listed on their site, but seems to have some in the photo . Will call if I am going to make the trip.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Not far from the Elkhart County fair grounds in Goshen is Double D rv salvage not sure if they have doors but from what I have heard they are cheaper, maybe Randy will jump in here as I know he has been there a few times.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived