Florida HDT insurance...again

remoandiris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After severely damaging my ear, I finally realized that Flo & company have an exclusive on Kentucky HDT RV toters. You can go through several companies, F&C in our case, but at the end of the day, the Underwriter is Progressive. In this state they require that you insure both the HDT and the RV and the rates are similar to commercial rates. Grocery runs and such are very vague.

I sincerely hope that Blue Sky (or someone) continues to show up at our rallies and wants to be serious about covering our rigs.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

I talked with F&C, very nice people. They checked with Progressive & National Commercial. They stated National Commercial said they wouldn't insure tandem axles and needed photos of the truck, our truck is not completed therefore no photo. Progressive is insuring our Truck under a single vehicle policy because our trailer won't be delivered until May. The F&C Agent vaguely talked about Truck and Trailer would have to be used together except for short runs to the store but in our conversion I stated we will be driving the Truck without a Trailer because we don't own one, she was okay with this, and there might be times when we drive to Alaska without the Trailer. She seemed okay with this but vague.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

I talked with F&C, very nice people. They checked with Progressive & National Commercial. They stated National Commercial said they wouldn't insure tandem axles and needed photos of the truck, our truck is not completed therefore no photo. Progressive is insuring our Truck under a single vehicle policy because our trailer won't be delivered until May. The F&C Agent vaguely talked about Truck and Trailer would have to be used together except for short runs to the store but in our conversion I stated we will be driving the Truck without a Trailer because we don't own one, she was okay with this, and there might be times when we drive to Alaska without the Trailer. She seemed okay with this but vague.

Get your coverage in writing, the agent doesn't control the settlement of a claim!

This I know as I was a adjuster in my past life, and some times a hated one.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Get your coverage in writing, the agent doesn't control the settlement of a claim!

This I know as I was a adjuster in my past life, and some times a hated one.

Roger

Thanks for the advice.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Archived