Alie & Jim

SIBERNUT

Yes Ron, Jim may need to clean out his old PMs. The forum only allows 100 of them then will cut you off. Same with uploading pictures. Periodically have to clean those out also.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

For those needing to do this go to the "envelope" in upper right corner by your sign in name, click on it. Click on " view all messages" then look to left side of page and it will show how many messages you have stored. Delete those you don't need by clicking on box to right of message and selecting "delete" at the bottom of the page. To get rid of pictures or attachments click on your forum name>My Settings>Manage Attachments>box on right of attachment to delete (bottom of page).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You are a veritable fount of info! NOW, how do I get rid of a "warning point"

Admins INVITED, nay, REQUESTED to chime in.....................................................

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Sibernut, unfortunately there is no way to reduce warning points. As that program is currently being administered, warning points remain forever.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

It's funny, i have been trying to get rid of the "0 WARNING POINTS" under my avitar. No matter what i do i can't get rid of it. I have noticed that nobody else has that warning, soooo am i special???

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

It's funny, i have been trying to get rid of the "0 WARNING POINTS" under my avitar. No matter what i do i can't get rid of it. I have noticed that nobody else has that warning, soooo am i special???

Nope your not special. Only you can see yours, only I can see mine, etc.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Only moderators can see other users' warning points. Non-moderators see only their own, but everybody has a warning points tally under their post tally, even if the total is zero.

Yarome, if you really want some points, just post something on the Forums that violates one or more Forum rules that another user finds worthy of reporting to Livingston, and they'll be happy to give you a few. But since, as Sibernut has observed, there's no way to get rid of points that have accrued, you may not want to tempt fate. ;)

For the record, while it's true that the HDT Forum is unique among the Escapees Forums in that it is, to an extent, self-moderated by a few volunteer moderators, that's mostly a case of trying to maintain order and taking care of housekeeping functions. Disciplinary actions, like assigning warning points or issuing suspensions and bans, are handled exclusively by Escapees staff in Livingston. Moderating the Forums is a part time function for those folks, however, which is the reason that the warning points are forever.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Gee, it's like being married. Good points are marked in pencil, and bad points are written, on your forehead, with a Sharpie.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Gee, it's like being married. Good points are marked in pencil, and bad points are written, on your forehead, with a Sharpie.

Yes, Rick, exactly like that! :D

It wasn't intended to be that way, but changes that were made a few years back in the way the Forums are moderated have resulted in the system we have, rather than the system that was intended. We have to play the hand we're dealt.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

ET Air Hitch

As Phil said, the HDT forum has a mild form of self moderation. About the only thing "moderatorish" he and I do in the HDT forum is to hide VERY egregious posts. And then report those parties to the Admins. We always talk about it before we do that. We also perform housekeeping functions there - since it is such an active forum there is often something that needs tweeking. Other than that, we depend on everyone's "maturity" to make the forums on topic. The one thing that will get you immediately noticed is a personal attack. Personal attacks will get you banned faster than anything I can think of.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived