Feral cat in 5er

Mtn.Mike

I don't have a fiver but my friend has a Jayco 32' and somehow a cat got into the substructure and is between the floor and the lower part of the 5er.
Does anyone have any idea how to get the cat out and where the cat might have entered?
The 5er's bay doors were all closed at the time.

Thanks, Mike

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ being pushed by a 2013 MX-5 Miata.

The cat has a way in/out because it must have water to live. A cat can get in a hole as small as its head, look for a loose section that can be pulled down enough for it to squeeze its head into.

another option to sealing the entry point is a small animal live trap. Any farm store sells them. Place an open can of cat food inside,set trap under trailer and wait. You may catch 3 or 4 before you get the right one, but you'll know a feral cat when you see one.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

All too many fivers have a hole or two that critters can enter, look t the area around the hitch and under the slides as the most likely areas.

Getting the cat out shouldn't bee too hard, it will come out to eat or drink at some point so the issue will be preventing it from coming back in. You could probably hurry it along with a bowl of water and an open can of cat food left near enough that the smell would be enticing.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I don't know where you're located or what the "critter" situation is there, but I would be hesitant to do the "bait it out" thing. You might attract more attention from the local wildlife than you bargained for (bobcat, skunk, rats..).

Depending on what y'all have stored down below, I might consider smoking it out or using a spray bottle with a water/vinegar (or similar) mix to mist the air in the suspect area... leaving a clear path of escape of course.

Archived