The El Nino Effect in florida

wildmandmc

The big lake is near normal water level even with all the rain.

But all the rain is causing problems with all the farmers crops.

Mold in the Beans/tomatoes and not fully developed ears on sweet corn.

But they are not needing to run irrigation pumps all the time.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

We're currently at Midway Campground on the Tamiami Trail near Ochopee, FL. It's been raining off and on for two days, but the temperature is 68 deg F right now and rising. The rest of the week is forecast to be sunny with temps around 70-75, as was the first part of the week. Why would we want to be anywhere else?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

In contrast, we are having the best winter we've ever experienced in south TX (Corpus Christi area). We had one cold (~50 degree) week in early January but the rest of the time we've been in the 60's and 70's under mostly sunny skies. We're in Port Aransas where the temp rarely goes above 70, but on the mainland it will be closer to 80 this week.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

In contrast, we are having the best winter we've ever experienced in south TX (Corpus Christi area). We had one cold (~50 degree) week in early January but the rest of the time we've been in the 60's and 70's under mostly sunny skies. We're in Port Aransas where the temp rarely goes above 70, but on the mainland it will be closer to 80 this week.

Nice, Joel, but does the park "mascot" hang out across the street from you? :D

y4i0P2Il.jpg

Dutch

We are currently at 1000 Trails Peace River Resort in Wauchula, Florida. They have been having some flooding problems here this winter. Yesterday and today we have had some heavy rain, but nothing severe. We thought we had a site that was high enough, but last night we had a knock on the door and were advised to move to higher ground. While there was no standing water this morning, the ground was wet and soggy so we needed a little assistance getting out of the site. We now have a nice dry spot and look forward to the sunny days ahead (if the forecast is correct).

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

I'm in North Florida for the first time and other than a couple morning the rain hasn't been too bad. Really enjoying the cooler temps for the last month. I'm on pretty high ground so flooding won't be an issue for me. Have a friend near Naples who was able to Kayak in her yard today, so far the house is safe.......

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

my back yrd where i keep my rv is flooded, i won't be able to get rv out for atleast 2 weeks. sidewalks are flooded. culverts flooded. i watched the waves of water flow down the side walks. just a little deeper an we would have white caps (on the sidewalk).

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

Nice, Joel, but does the park "mascot" hang out across the street from you? :D

y4i0P2Il.jpg

Wow, I never saw a gator lift his leg to....

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

I hope never to be close enough to one to know! :D

I took the host's word for it! Strange that the gator is named "Bob", but there is a batch of baby gators in the pond this year... :blink::D

Dutch

We are in Bowling Green, Fl. Volunteering at a state park. Non-paved roads are all rutted and have deep holes. Sides of the roads look like we are in a swamp. Ground is too saturated to absorb all this rain. Walking on the grassy area feels like walking on a bog. We are having an event in a couple of weeks and if this keeps up we won't be able to park the visitors. Worst I've seen it in the 12 years we have been coming here.

DICK

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Vietnam Vet--1st Cav '65, Recon,2/7
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Elks<br http://www.4ezdaz.com
Same site--new URL

Archived