Texas & Oklahoma

SuiteSuccess

Prayers are with all the folks in Tx and Ok. Keep safe.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

This is the time it sucks to be away from family and friends in Dallas. I feel really helpless this far from them.

Wishing all the best to everyone in this storms path.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Seems like they have. I have several frinds with in a Couple miles of the i30 and the toll road area that was hit.

A report just came out that it was an EF 4 tornado. Haven't had on since the 50s.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Saw it on weather channel when we got home last night before I posted. Big wedge tornado. I lived in North Texas in 1979 (Terrible Tuesday) and have been up close and personal with those monsters. My family lived in Vernon and my FIL owned a paint and body shop. He had bought my MIL a new Olds and had it sitting in his shop. Shop was gone, car was sitting on concrete pad. Not a window broken, all were up, paint with some scouring, all doors shut. Inside was trashed with paint cans, paint and some of his spray guns. Go figure. BTW he had one of the old Craftsman triple stack tool chests with the steel bar that went down the front on the outside to lock it. Probably 400lbs. Ended up in a front yard in Frederick Oklahoma 30 miles away. Thank heavens he had a nameplate on it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Watched the wall cloud pass about 1/2 mile from us. I had my fire radio on scanning Rowlett and Sachse and knew it was not good news as it was getting closer to us. Thankfully it life and passed to our east.

This storm first hit Red Oak & Ovilla. Then hit a RV park in Sunnyvale on the south side of Lake Ray Hubbard. The 8 deaths in Garland were at the I-30/TX-190/Bush Turnpike overpass. NWS says the storm was a EF-4 when it hit the overpass and knocked the cars off.

NWS is saying a EF-3 when it went thru Rowlett (high density suburban community). Basically followed DalRock Rd North then back out over Lake Ray Hubbard to the East. Then up to Copeville (rural Collin County) where there were 3 more fatalities including a infant.

We got lucky the storm basically pulled up as it passed by us. Just like it did as it passed over south east Dallas. 11 lives lost and over 600 homes damaged. The high here in Dallas yesterday was 82 and about 60% humidity with a cold front bearing down. Perfect tornado brewing weather. Now that the cold front has come thru it has been raining basically non-stop. Just over 4" of rain here at my place in the past 20 hours and still raining.

Amazing not more lives have been lost.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Glad you are ok, Rick. It should pass through here in the next couple of hours. We are under a tornado watch until then.

Looking at our forecast it doesn't appear to be anything like y'all got.

Stay safe.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I was just wondering about you Rick. Glad to hear you are well and did not sustain any damage.

Glad to hear from you also Phil. We had not heard anything about the Houston area getting hit but I'm glad you showed up here also.

Guess we picked the right year to go to Florida.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Thanks all for the concern. Other than being soggy again (ground has not been dry since just after the rally in October) life is very good compared to others that are only a few miles from us.

Hopefully Phil had a quiet and uneventful night in his neck of the woods.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Lot of wet and some straight wind here. Nothing in circles like Rick had.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Rick, Did Horton get those roads in for you yet?

Not yet. Can't keep the ground dry enough, long enough. The ground should be workable by the first of next week and rain re-enters the forecast a week from today. Luckily the driveway is passable in light car/truck as long as we keep off it when raining and give it about 12 hours after it stops raining before using.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

I'm new to this forum so first, Thank God you are ok??? Since I am from Texas and we are going to begin our FT lifestyle in April 2016, I would like to ask for some help. How do RVers handle the weather issues like the recent storms that we have seen recently. I know keeping watching the weather reports, but are there other things we can do to be aware???

I'm new to this forum so first, Thank God you are ok??? Since I am from Texas and we are going to begin our FT lifestyle in April 2016, I would like to ask for some help. How do RVers handle the weather issues like the recent storms that we have seen recently. I know keeping watching the weather reports, but are there other things we can do to be aware???

This might be a good topic for an upcoming rally event, thanks for the suggestion. We are not full timer's so others may have better suggestions but here are ours in no order:

Have the HDT ready to move if needed.

Keep an eye on forecasts, have a weather radio or alerts set up on your phones.

Move to a new area during normal bad seasons like move south before winter hits, move away from hurricane prone areas during hurricane season for example.

Know where your nearest safe refuge area is.

Make sure others know where you are at to check up on you.

Remember trailers and trucks are material items and can be replaced but lives are not so always take safety first over worrying about the material items.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Dave,

It is actually a topic I'm hoping to address at next year's ECR. If I can get all my research done with everything else I've got to do before this year's rally I will consider adding it to the schedule. I have actually had a conversation with a " lightening " expert from University of Miami and he presented some interesting data. I'm hoping to get some data from NOAA and the National Severe Storms Research Facility in Norman Oklahoma. Just lots of irons in the fire.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived