92 Volvo short wheelbase rv puller for sale

noteven

Looks like a 10 speed. Can't see the front of the shifter knob to see if there is a splitter button or not. I would hate a syncro trans. Love the ability to float the gears. On our 10sp. You can get away with using 4 gears, 5 is normal bobtail, 6-7when towing.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

A local construction company had 2 of these era dump trucks with synchro trans - I moved one from this job site to over there to that job site an hour - nice to drive - same as a manual pick up. No double clutch needed in soft ground, uphill shifts, no "busy signal" as you just miss the float shift trying to show off at the lights :huh:

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Only reason I thought it might be the 16-speed is because the 12-speed has an H pattern with one leg missing. I've thought for a long time the synchro setup would be ideal for a newbie with no previous crash-box tranny experience (like me ?). It came with a power-assisted clutch too, if I'm not mistaken.

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

I drove Toyhauler's truck with the synchronized Volvo transmission while I was working in his neck of the woods seven years ago. With the air-assisted clutch and the synchronizers it really is like driving a big pickup, but with a range selector button added.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Not very clean with that low a miles?

Looks like it sat a long time with the windows down or something. Wheels don't match ether makes you how they maintained it.

I think the wheels do indeed match. Left steer is missing the stainless wheel cover.

Do you think the tires are original? One shot shows some wires hanging below the steering wheel. Not impressed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived