Police SWAT Van catches fire

Twotoes

The Hillsbourgh County (near Tampa FL) SWAT Van, which is like an RV, caught on fire this morning while driven down the road. Two officers were onboard when they smelled smoke. Ammo caught on fire and some exploded. Don't know how to attach a link to pictures but if you google Hillsbourgh SWAT Truck fire you will see some great video and pictures. Glad no one was hurt. Not sure how, or why the fire started. They think it was the generator.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Clicky

Looks like it was built on a fire truck platform.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

The Hillsbourgh County (near Tampa FL) SWAT Van, which is like an RV, caught on fire this morning while driven down the road. Two officers were onboard when they smelled smoke. Ammo caught on fire and some exploded. Don't know how to attach a link to pictures but if you google Hillsbourgh SWAT Truck fire you will see some great video and pictures. Glad no one was hurt. Not sure how, or why the fire started. They think it was the generator.

While viewing the website, right click on the address bar, it will become highlighted. Right click again and copy the address. Return to your post, right click on your cursor, then paste the address in your post. It will automatically become a live link to that website.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Clicky

Looks like it was built on a fire truck platform.

It's mfg by E-ONE located in FL - mfg of fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles - to specs by the agency ordering the vehicles.

The SWAT team may want some better "special weapons" for fire extinuishing capability when it's rebuilt - 'cause as they should *now* know - (if they didn't already).......,"stuff happens".. :rolleyes:

It's mfg by E-ONE located in FL - mfg of fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles - to specs by the agency ordering the vehicles.

The SWAT team may want some better "special weapons" for fire extinuishing capability when it's rebuilt - 'cause as they should *now* know - (if they didn't already).......,"stuff happens".. :rolleyes:

Shame on me for not recognizing it as an E-One vehicle since I worked for Federal Signal for 20 years! They sold off E-One in Ocala in 2008. Thanks Pappy, I should have spotted that!

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Yeah the link is broken Dennis.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Shame on me for not recognizing it as an E-One vehicle since I worked for Federal Signal for 20 years! They sold off E-One in Ocala in 2008. Thanks Pappy, I should have spotted that!

Spent some time in some of those (E-ONE) vehicles for puttin' wet stuff on the red stuff in the '90s - of course they were still on the road after that - but without me in 'em.

Check the "laundry list" of companies acquired by American Specialty Vehicles "ASV" beginning in 2010 (which includes E-ONE), and the acquisitions of RV mfgrs that followed

Never know - might have had a Norcold!.. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_Specialty_Vehicles

BTW - The non-functional link - Google the City name and SWAT team vehicle fire - for pics & story,

Archived