I have considered buying a new motorhome but instead want to find a reputable company that can renovate my current RV. Does anyone have any suggestions on who they have used or could recommend. We will be changing from propane to residential fridge, new flooring and possibly furniture.

While in Eugene Oregon last year, we took our 2002 fifth-wheel to Scott and Bobby at Amazing Creations. We loved how they worked with our ideas and made them even better, but still remained within our budget. They replaced the carpet, modified existing furniture, and installed a custom desk and bench. They maintained their commitment to strength and quality while doing a few modifications to accommodate our concerns regarding additional weight. Speaking of quality, the workmanship is beyond anything we hoped for.

They allowed us to sleep in our RV each night and we were welcome to observe any part of the process, but we tried to stay out of the way for the most part. The estimate was in line with the final bill.

We've lived in our "new" RV for about ten months now and are still thoroughly pleased. You can see some pictures of what they did on our blog (ignore the words for they are numerous - just scroll through the pictures.)

We are sure there are many other good renovators - especially in Indiana, but we would do what we could to return to Scott and Bobby if we wanted more work done.

Best wishes on your renovations. The work done on ours turned our great RV into the perfect RV for us.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Not much information on what you have but one of the first things I would do is bring it to a shop and have the running gear checked out, then decide is you want to put money on the inside.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

The Technomedia are having their bus conversion remodeled just now and have been making regular reports on the company and seem to be very pleased. I believe that they are using Master Tech RV in Elkhart, IN. We knew some folks who did that same thing in AZ using RV Renovators in Mesa, AZ.We also know a couple who had some major work done by RV Decor & Remodeling while in Yuma but theirs was not a complete remodel job. Looking through Google search I found several others in various areas of the country. If you are near one of those, you might want to check it out and then come back to see if anyone has used them. This seems to be a growing business and with the rise in price and quality of some parts of the RV industry there is more of this being done.

If you would, please do let us know what you eventually do, who you use and how it all turns out. I expect that we will be seeing much more of this in the future.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the information so far. Since we are full-timers we could go to any part of the country. Our main concern is quality. We had some friends have major work done on their motorhome from a company in Lakeland Florida (classic coach works) and when they installed the new floor they punctured a hose line which caused a leak. (The leak from hell) as they put it and it was an ordeal to get it found and fixed. They said the renovators were very slow to respond to their concerns. As a member of FMCA, Good Sam and Escapees I see a lot of ads but I want to hear REAL TESTIMONIALS from some Skps who have had their coaches done and can give me an honest recommendation from experience. Or at least a friend of a Skp who has had their coach done. AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!

Foretravel, in central TX does some very nice renovations to any model of motorized coach. We had friends that did a MAJOR renovation with them on a Monaco and it was very high quality work. And the full body paint job was exceptional.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

One thing to consider is that some RV parks and or co-op's owned RV parks have restrictions on RVs that are more then ten years

old. I don't know how many but I own an RV lot in the UP of MI that has that restriction. They have it because they don't want old bad looking RVs

in their park. If your RV is older then that but it looks good and is well cared for they will allow it. Good Luck

As to age. Both of our rigs have been over 10. Never ever had an issue in 9 years. If you have a quality, well built older rig then go for it

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

A couple places come to mind besides the ones already mentioned. One is Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. We had some custom cabinetry work done there, and it's second to none. Their in house carpenter was amazing. They also replaced our carpet. They have full sized paint booths for any of that kind of work. I was pretty impressed with all the workmanship I witnessed in the 5days we were there. They also have there own campground. The other place is in Lakeland, FL., it's called Creative Coach. A few years back we had some hail damage to the A/C shrouds, Radius's, and all the roof vents. The did a great job of matching my custom paint job. You can also park there using there power hookups.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

I want to thank everyone for their input on RV renovations. We have decided to go with Apache RV renovations in Las Vegas. We saw one You Tube video of them replacing a Norcold with a residential refrigerator and the job was done under budget and in half of the time estimated. We have met with them once before and were impressed with their knowledge. In one of their videos they did a complete renovation including removing a slide to complete the job. I am a little concerned about having our large slide removed but I don't know how you would completely put in a new floor without it? Has anyone had their slide removed for renovation? And has anyone else had any work with this company?

Usually you can tilt the slide to get under it - you do not "usually" have to remove it. But is does depend somewhat on the slide mechanism used.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived