CA emissions in a tow rig

house

Sorry I haven't been around the forum much the last few days. I have been concentrating on the fires around us and whether or not we are going to have to evacuate (things are looking better now, thankfully). Basically, I can't really state it any better than Phil (Big5er) did above.

CA has some pretty specific rules. I do hook a flat bed gooseneck trailer to my HDT (um RV) periodically and haul my personal Bobcat and other equipment for various reasons (none of them commercial) or to haul product from the lumber yard back to my property for various personal projects, etc. But when I do this, I am very careful. I make every effort to not take any routes that would have me pass an open scale or bring me to the attention of a commercial enforcement officer. This is not because I am doing anything illegal, but rather because I don't want to be on the side of the road explaining to the commercial enforcement officer that what I am doing is not commercial. That conversation may not go in my favor. While I am confident I would win in the long run, I'd rather not take on that marathon.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

If you asked the LEO to call the owner of the goods and chattels being hauled to verify it is not a commercial transaction, and gave him your mobile number, and then when he phoned and you answered, ....

naw prolly not a good idea ...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived