Met another HDT owner today, THANKS for your help Curt.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Today I met Curt who goes by "L'iil Black Dog" here on the forums, Curt and I have been PMing back and forth trying to get me logged on to the Freightliner access forums, today while visiting we succeeded. :D Now if I can remember how to do it. :unsure:

I drove my truck down to Curt's home as he was going to show me how to access some data that is stored on the ECM, Sadly my truck must be the bottom of the Columbia trim packages as I don't have anywhere near the data retrieval capability as Curt does on his truck. I jumped up into the cab of Curt's truck and instantly got a real bad case of truck envy, so many gages, so many switch's and wood grain on the dash, the doors, on the sleeper cabinets, twin stacks behind the sleeper, oh what a pretty truck. :wub:

So we sat around for hours telling each other of our motorcycle riding exploits and camping trips, I really enjoyed the afternoon, clear blue skies, warm weather and good company, as they say, "it don't get much better then this". :lol:

Dave

Our trucks.

IMG_1720-L.jpg

My truck in front, Curt's truck behind mine and Curt in front of his home.

IMG_1721-L.jpg

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave;

It was a pleasure to "finally" meet! I sure had a good time! Even thou it cut into the "honey do" time, the wife understood and was very happy we have "new relatives" to pal around with! I hope you've had time to play around with "access" so you can spread the word of our great resource.

Hope to see you again soon!

P.S. next time we'll have Dr. Pepper!

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Dr. Pepper? Ya'll are having a Dr. Pepper party and didn't call me?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Dr. Pepper? Ya'll are having a Dr. Pepper party and didn't call me?

Howdy Phil,

I was wondering where Curt got the dr pepper thing, then I remembered that you were addicted to it, I would have saved it for you.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Thanks Dave....you know if Dr. Pepper is involved, I'll be there :)

2014 smart Fortwo

Thanks Dave....you know if Dr. Pepper is involved, I'll be there :)

that mean your coming to the WCR in june???

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Sorry y'all. The WCR just ain't in the picture this year :( ......maybe next year B)

2014 smart Fortwo

Sorry y'all. The WCR just ain't in the picture this year :( ......maybe next year B)

Howdy Phil,

Well it would have been nice to visit with you again, then again now there will be more dr pepper to give to Lou for helping us with our trucks, so it all works out in the end. ;):D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Phil,

Well it would have been nice to visit with you again, then again now there will be more dr pepper to give to Lou for helping us with our trucks, so it all works out in the end. ;):D

Dave

Dave,

im the Pepsi guy.... but was gonna bring a CASE of DP to the WCR..

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem

Dave,

im the Pepsi guy.... but was gonna bring a CASE of DP to the WCR..

Howdy Lou,

Glad you posted that, I was mistaken all this talk about dr pepper had my mind whats left of it in a tizzy. pepsi, it is, I'll dash out and get some whilst its still fresh in my memory. Sorry Phil your going to have to scrounge that other stuff from someone else. :lol:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Lou,

Glad you posted that, I was mistaken all this talk about dr pepper had my mind whats left of it in a tizzy. pepsi, it is, I'll dash out and get some whilst its still fresh in my memory. Sorry Phil your going to have to scrounge that other stuff from someone else. :lol:

Dave

Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi... my favorite drink... looking forward to meeting you at the WCR.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Mr. Cob you both have nice looking trucks. I bet it was nice to have some face time with a fellow HDT'er. I'm new to HDT's but loving it so far. What part of WA? I was Military and a Military Brat before that so I've lived in 13 states (some of those twice) but I call WA home (Spokane) becuase I did my last 3 years of highschool and graduated there. I live in NM now, never thought I would be back here but here I am.

PS. if anyone see's me on the road I would be glad to share a cold beverage with you, anything BUT Dr. Pepper! Water would be fine :P (if I know I will have some on hand for those who enjoy it though)

truckntrailer1.jpg

2006 Peterbilt 387 -2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950

Mr. Cob you both have nice looking trucks. I bet it was nice to have some face time with a fellow HDT'er. I'm new to HDT's but loving it so far. What part of WA? I was Military and a Military Brat before that so I've lived in 13 states (some of those twice) but I call WA home (Spokane) becuase I did my last 3 years of highschool and graduated there. I live in NM now, never thought I would be back here but here I am.

Howdy Darkhorse,

I first came to Washington back in 1967, took basic training at Fort Louis, before going across the pond to win hearts and minds. Moved from Minnesota to Washington in 1985 been here ever since. I live a couple of miles outside of Granite Falls, an old logging town about 50 miles northeast of Seattle. Give a holler if your ever up this way.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Darkhorse.....up for a drive to Sparks NV for the WCR in June? Love to see your rig in person!

MrSeas, its a bit short notice for Sparks in June (sorry I didnt know about the rally) I had already made plans to go to Vegas in mid June but I will take a look. Sparks is only on the other side of the state LOL

truckntrailer1.jpg

2006 Peterbilt 387 -2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950

Archived