Walmart Parking Lot Shooting on 3-24-15

This incident in a Walmart parking lot, yesterday, March 24, 2015, shows why you have to be careful when deciding to park in public places, especially after this shooting in Cottonwood, AZ, I hope it doesn't effect our parking at other Walmart stores.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/family-arrested-ariz-walmart-brawl-lived-store-lot-article-1.2160262

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

It sounds like they may be involved in an apocalyptic religion somehow. If this is the case, I hope those reviewing this take that into account and don't ascribe their approach to the world and traveling to the rest of us.

I really think Wally World and most similar places realized this is an extreme illustration and not the norm. They could just as easily have been parked at a Safeway or Lowe's.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

I've been in RV parks where the semi-permanent residents didn't look much different that the photos of the family arrested in that link.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

That incident is definitely not the norm and it's a shame the WalMart name is linked to it. It happens daily somewhere in the country and not at WalMarts.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

This could happen most anywhere, not just a Walmart. Over the last 10 years I have see a report or two of shootings happening in RV Parks. That doesn't mean we shouldn't stay at RV Parks, any more than we shouldn't park at Walmarts.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Wal mart is blameless keep on parking.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

" shows why you have to be careful when deciding to park in public places "

You need to be careful where you eat, where you shop, where you hike, where you do just about anything out in public. There are lots of disturbed folks all over our communities, not just in WalMart.

These wackos were not in an RV and the confrontation started inside the store, so the locals who stopped for eggs/milk/bread were just as at risk as the RV'ers parked at the other end of the lot.

Hopefully WalMart will not overreact like the media did to the "camping" angle of the story. This group of 8 could just as easily been driving by in their Suburban and decided to stop and have their rest room meeting that got the confrontation going. The fact that they spent a few nights in the parking lot prior to the confrontation inside the store, had little to do with the outcome.

Jim

I really think Wally World and most similar places realized this is an extreme illustration and not the norm. They could just as easily have been parked at a Safeway or Lowe's.

Based on my own personal observations Walmart does tend to attract lots of sketchy characters.

Based on my own personal observations Walmart does tend to attract lots of sketchy characters.

I agree, I go there all the time.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

Archived