The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Ok another recall?? I got a recall notice about a steering gear bracket the other day. This is from Spartan and involves a new bracket that holds the steering gear in place :o Called Freightliner (also Spartan) in OKC and they knew about it and set me up with an appointment next Tuesday. He said the part weighs 200# and it would take about 4 hours to replace. I sure don't want the steering gear to fall off going down the road. It seems that on some units the bracket would start cracking and would eventually fail if let go long enough. At least Spartan had the part and were able to ship it to OKC quickly, so maybe we will be still on track to leave on the 28th. Just when I thought I had everything done! I guess that doesn't ever happen. :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ok Ok another recall?? I got a recall notice about a steering gear bracket the other day. This is from Spartan and involves a new bracket that holds the steering gear in place :o Called Freightliner (also Spartan) in OKC and they knew about it and set me up with an appointment next Tuesday. He said the part weighs 200# and it would take about 4 hours to replace. I sure don't want the steering gear to fall off going down the road. It seems that on some units the bracket would start cracking and would eventually fail if let go long enough. At least Spartan had the part and were able to ship it to OKC quickly, so maybe we will be still on track to leave on the 28th. Just when I thought I had everything done! I guess that doesn't ever happen. :D

LOL!!! EVERYTHING DONE LOL!!! Where do you come up with this stuff? Good one.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Right on Dave, now I got another recall from Tiffin about the windshield wiper arm assembly falling apart. Hmmmm I guess I can go to California where it doesn't rain! Oh well if the rain starts and the wipers fall off, and then the steering gearbox falls off, at least I won't know what's going on till it's all over. :blink:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

LOL!!! EVERYTHING DONE LOL!!! Where do you come up with this stuff? Good one.

ROFL!!! I vote this as best answer this year! At least, as far as MY memory goes. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Right on Dave, now I got another recall from Tiffin about the windshield wiper arm assembly falling apart. Hmmmm I guess I can go to California where it doesn't rain! Oh well if the rain starts and the wipers fall off, and then the steering gearbox falls off, at least I won't know what's going on till it's all over. :blink:

my wipers fall off all the time... hope they have a fix...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

John, looks like they have a large bunch to provide replacements for so it should be interesting. They are supposed to be a more robust unit.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hurry up and wait! I got up extra early this morning and headed out for freightliner. When I got there I was put in line behind a truck that was getting a rear main seal. That job was just finishing up so it didn't look like the wait would be too long. LOL!! Anyway I waited until 2:00 and it turns out the job ahead of me had problems so they wouldn't be able to get mine done before closing. Grrrrr While I was in the waiting room I met another couple that had a Monaco and they had a driveshaft fall out in New Mexico. That could be a problem!! They managed to get that fixed, but it must have bent the tag axle in the process because the tires were wearing out at an alarming rate. I told them I would probably see them tomorrow when I came back to get my job done. Always an adventure running around the country in these things. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hurry up and wait! I got up extra early this morning and headed out for freightliner. When I got there I was put in line behind a truck that was getting a rear main seal. That job was just finishing up so it didn't look like the wait would be too long. LOL!! Anyway I waited until 2:00 and it turns out the job ahead of me had problems so they wouldn't be able to get mine done before closing. Grrrrr While I was in the waiting room I met another couple that had a Monaco and they had a driveshaft fall out in New Mexico. That could be a problem!! They managed to get that fixed, but it must have bent the tag axle in the process because the tires were wearing out at an alarming rate. I told them I would probably see them tomorrow when I came back to get my job done. Always an adventure running around the country in these things. Steve

Yup always an adventure. We just had mail sent and had 2 recall notices. One said our rig may need a ECM update, ok no real big deal but the other said that when I release the throttle the sensor may not return to zero causing the engine brake not to engage,,, hmm,,, we will be traveling over Wolf Creek Pass in just a few days LOL!!! You know that will be on my mind. MAbe I will have Diane drive the pickup over instead of pulling it.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Well, I managed to get the recall done. It took them from 10:00 in the morning till about 5:30 to get it finished. The tech that was working on it said that it was a real bi*** to get off and going back with the new one was no picnic either. This was a bracket 200# that holds the steering gearbox to the frame. Need that I guess! Problem was we had a birthday party to go to and the people were picking us up at 6:30, and It was a 45 minute drive back in the bus. I had just finished parking when they showed up! Talk about "just in time" planning! Anyway we made it and had a good party and are now tying up loose ends getting ready to "blow this popsicle stand" on Sunday. :D They are clearing the RV area out for the upcoming fair, and we are the only one left on this line except for one class A that is abandoned. It will feel good to get on the road again. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, I managed to get the recall done. It took them from 10:00 in the morning till about 5:30 to get it finished. The tech that was working on it said that it was a real bi*** to get off and going back with the new one was no picnic either. This was a bracket 200# that holds the steering gearbox to the frame. Need that I guess! Problem was we had a birthday party to go to and the people were picking us up at 6:30, and It was a 45 minute drive back in the bus. I had just finished parking when they showed up! Talk about "just in time" planning! Anyway we made it and had a good party and are now tying up loose ends getting ready to "blow this popsicle stand" on Sunday. :D They are clearing the RV area out for the upcoming fair, and we are the only one left on this line except for one class A that is abandoned. It will feel good to get on the road again. Steve

Welcome back (to the road) you two and glad that you were finally able to get those recalls done! We know exactly how frustrating it can be getting anything done at a big truck place. They always tell ya to bring it in first thing in the a.m. and you're lucky if it's a.m. when they finally just look at it.

Dave, I hope your recall goes better. Not a bad idea having Diane drive the truck over Wolf Creek Pass. I had Lynn drive the Jeep over. Partly because we didn't have far to go but, I did have to gear down and exhaust brake it for quite a ways.

Just got back from the vet's office and dropped $420. Couple days ago, Willie stopped eating and drinking and could hardly walk. Thought at first that he might be missing his two girlfriends (Diane and Dianne) and just in a funk. Turns out that had slipped a disc in his spine and they discovered other joint issues. Gave him a steroid shot and some anti inflammatory pills. Bottom line is that he's getting old like the rest of us!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Just got back from the vet's office and dropped $420. Couple days ago, Willie stopped eating and drinking and could hardly walk. Thought at first that he might be missing his two girlfriends (Diane and Dianne) and just in a funk. Turns out that had slipped a disc in his spine and they discovered other joint issues. Gave him a steroid shot and some anti inflammatory pills. Bottom line is that he's getting old like the rest of us!

R

Check out DodgersList on FB. Lots of fantastic information on IVDD. We learned about it when Scooter went down. Getting old is not fun for humans or pets. Good luck.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Check out DodgersList on FB. Lots of fantastic information on IVDD. We learned about it when Scooter went down. Getting old is not fun for humans or pets. Good luck.

Thanks...I will put nurse Lynn on it!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Welcome back (to the road) you two and glad that you were finally able to get those recalls done! We know exactly how frustrating it can be getting anything done at a big truck place. They always tell ya to bring it in first thing in the a.m. and you're lucky if it's a.m. when they finally just look at it.

Dave, I hope your recall goes better. Not a bad idea having Diane drive the truck over Wolf Creek Pass. I had Lynn drive the Jeep over. Partly because we didn't have far to go but, I did have to gear down and exhaust brake it for quite a ways.

R

Well darn, hope Willie is well onto being mended b now.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

Steve - Repairs are such fun. LOL. Glad that is over for you and you'll soon be back on the road. Which way you going?

Roger - Sorry to hear about Willie. Get well soon buddy.

I towed the Jeep going west to east over Wolf Creek pass. I stopped once to get the transmission temps down to where I like it. It was back up there once I reached the top but it cooled quickly going down the other side.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Steve - Repairs are such fun. LOL. Glad that is over for you and you'll soon be back on the road. Which way you going?

Roger - Sorry to hear about Willie. Get well soon buddy.

I towed the Jeep going west to east over Wolf Creek pass. I stopped once to get the transmission temps down to where I like it. It was back up there once I reached the top but it cooled quickly going down the other side.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

I'll pass along the get well wishes to Willie! He seems a bit better walking today after that steroid shot to the spine.

I had a similar experience with Wolf Creek Pass going the opposite direction. Think that my engine temp got up to nearly 209 degrees just before the descent. It usually runs in the high 180's.

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Better give Willie a shot of cranberry juice to smooth over those discs. Sorry he's feeling bad. That steroid shot should help. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Haven't had an update from Lee in a while. Hope he is doing great and can keep us updated on his condition.

Jerry and Janice

We must really be on the same page today. I emailed his niece earlier today asking about him and how he was doing. I haven't heard back. Hopefully, she'll check her email tomorrow.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I've been thinking about Lee too. Sure hope he's doing better.

We made it to Branson yesterday. Nice drive I-40 East to Fort Smith, then up to Fayetteville where we spent the night at Walmart. It was a good driving day and now we are settled at the Turkey Creek SKP park for a week. Hard thing now is figuring out which show to go and see. :lol: Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I've been thinking about Lee too. Sure hope he's doing better.

We made it to Branson yesterday. Nice drive I-40 East to Fort Smith, then up to Fayetteville where we spent the night at Walmart. It was a good driving day and now we are settled at the Turkey Creek SKP park for a week. Hard thing now is figuring out which show to go and see. :lol: Steve

Steve check out Branson Landing too. It's like a mile from the rv park. The Fountains and Flame and a lot of shopping and places to eat.

http://www.bransonlanding.com/

Jeff :)

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We found a new use for our camping chairs. They are sitting in the apartment we will move to next giving us a place to rest there until our official move date. Details on my blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/2016/08/were-moving-eventually/

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Steve check out Branson Landing too. It's like a mile from the rv park. The Fountains and Flame and a lot of shopping and places to eat.

http://www.bransonlanding.com/

Jeff :)

I'll check it out Jeff, thanks

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Nice view Linda, sounds like a great place too. Happy moving......in a couple of months. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"