The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Golly, you want us to commit to January in April ?? I can tell you we'll be in and out of the Portland area most of the summer and head south in late fall probably San Diego area (maybe). We've been to "Q" many times. Maybe a different location for next January ? Yuma? Tucson? Borrego Springs?

Agreed. A new place. January is a good time though.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Any news from Lee?

Our plans are to be in the southwest for the winter. Also will go to Porto Penasco, Mexico for a week in Feb. We've wanted to spend some time in Borrego Springs. We liked American Girl Mine Rd. west of Yuma. I think 2 Class-less couples are going to be in Casa Grande from mid Oct. through mid Jan.

We can't get a way from rain. Gees. Rain for the next week. Everywhere we go big rain. Plan to leave San Antonio area Monday after a visit to the generator shop. Hope to start drying out soon.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Any news from Lee?

Our plans are to be in the southwest for the winter. Also will go to Porto Penasco, Mexico for a week in Feb. We've wanted to spend some time in Borrego Springs. We liked American Girl Mine Rd. west of Yuma. I think 2 Class-less couples are going to be in Casa Grande from mid Oct. through mid Jan.

We can't get a way from rain. Gees. Rain for the next week. Everywhere we go big rain. Plan to leave San Antonio area Monday after a visit to the generator shop. Hope to start drying out soon.

Travel safe everyone.

We resemble Jeff's remark...we've made reservations at Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort in Casa Grande from Oct. 15 to Jan. 15. After running around the U.S. the rest of the year, we thought that we'd give a "staycation" a shot this winter so we can catch our breath. Have never sat in one place for that long so, it should be interesting. We'll have good company with Dave & Diane!

After that I wouldn't mind a change from Q and perhaps Yuma?

Jeff, you and Tina sure have been in a rain zone these past months...maybe some pontoons for your rig?!! And good luck with that genny. That reminds me to give ours a little exercise.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Yup, as Jeff & Roger said, we will be trying our first attempt at a 3 month stay in one spot in Casa Grande between Oct 15 and Jan. 15th. We have stayed there 2 times for 1 month so far and enjoyed it and now with Roger & Lynn going to be there it should be a breeze.

After leaving the Hawthorne Nevada area we went to Washoe Lake State Park outside of Carson City for a few days of dry camping. Loved the place but man we had some wind and it got darn cold at night. I think we came north to soon so what did we do yesterday!!?? Drove 180 miles farther north LOL!!! We are in a nice park in the middle of nothing with a nice snow capped mountain out our front window and full hookups and on a golf course.

Just a couple nights here before making another move.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I'm planning a trip to a very popular, historical and beautiful city that most people keep in their plans and I hate it. Charleston, SC. I'd prefer any boondock area. We pretty much figured out I'll be going to an assisted living near my niece. You better bet If I ever get rid of these seizures I'll be playing like an escape artest. I'll be staying here in Deming for about 3 more weeks while my nephew and niece take care of the business up in Iowa leaving me careed for by one of the Cowgirls.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm planning a trip to a very popular, historical and beautiful city that most people keep in their plans and I hate it. Charleston, SC. I'd prefer any boondock area. We pretty much figured out I'll be going to an assisted living near my niece. You better bet If I ever get rid of these seizures I'll be playing like an escape artest. I'll be staying here in Deming for about 3 more weeks while my nephew and niece take care of the business up in Iowa leaving me careed for by one of the Cowgirls.

Well Lee, we're still hoping that you can pull that "escapee" act and put this behind you! However, some new scenery and new cowgirls at the assisted living might due the trick too. We're pulling for ya pardner!!

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We resemble Jeff's remark...we've made reservations at Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort in Casa Grande from Oct. 15 to Jan. 15. After running around the U.S. the rest of the year, we thought that we'd give a "staycation" a shot this winter so we can catch our breath. Have never sat in one place for that long so, it should be interesting. We'll have good company with Dave & Diane!

After that I wouldn't mind a change from Q and perhaps Yuma?

Jeff, you and Tina sure have been in a rain zone these past months...maybe some pontoons for your rig?!! And good luck with that genny. That reminds me to give ours a little exercise.

Roger

We will be in Casa Grande for about a month at that time too. Nothing like Christmas at Rovers's Roost and you are Escapees so you can attend even if you aren't staying there.

We haven't been together with you Tina and Jeff and hardly know Dave and Diane so that would be nice.

Our vote would be for Yuma, or secondly Tucson. We did not like Borrengo Springs and getting there from Arizona is high or HIGHER.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Lee, we spent some time in Charlston a couple of years ago. They did have cowgirls there all right, but they looked different. No spurs! Might be easier on you! We were at the Elks club there (non assisted living), but had a good time exploring the area.

Jeff, don't come up here to get out of the rain, we are supposed to get 5 or 6 inches of it starting this evening. It's looking like it might start at any time right now.

We are in the middle of the farmers market right now and have one of our grand kids with us for a couple of hours. She had to go out and buy a cucumber, so we were involved in a major shopping spree. Ha Ha

We haven't even thought about next winter yet, but we will meet up with the group somewhere for sure. We like Yuma, Tucson, Borrrego Springs, and so far have not stayed in any one place for the season. Longest was in Yuma when we sold our other bus. Nov to Jan. Sky's the limit. Happy Travels Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Best wishes to you, Lee, as you begin another chapter in your adventures! We will keep good thoughts for you!

Be well! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Our daughter knows I'll need assisted living if I lose Dave. Yesterday she sent me a brochure for a place near her in Butte, MT. I hope the one you are headed for is as nice as the one she picked. Getting old is not for sissies but it happens to those of us who live long enough. Wouldn't it be nice if you could find a facility similar to the Escapee's Care Center but close to family so you could continue to live in one of your RVs? It might be a parking lot but if it was next to gardens with walking paths it might be OK.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Terry's mom went into a facility that is Senior Living but they do have a section there for assisted living. It's a really nice place. She loves the people and it's worked out great for her. A good place makes all the difference. Good luck to you. We also loved Charleston ! Don't escape, Lee, until you're sure you can get away.

Well, we haven't been to Borrego Springs so I would like to go sometime this next season. We'd also like to visit Parker and the Colorado River with the kayak, San Diego and, of course, we'll be in the Tempe/ Chandler area for a bit of the time. Sounds like we'll have neighbors in Casa Grande. I'd still like to rent a houseboat on Lake Mead (?) but that's probably not this season. I like Tucson very much especially in the foothills. ---

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

As we traveled back to Tennessee from Florida, we got to Savannah and followed the Georgia /South Carolina border toward Tn. Got real close to Charleston before we turned. We know our way back to Charleston and also to Deming if you need our help. Hope the seizure stop soon so you can come visit us. We do have a place for you to stay in your Rv or if you arrive with just your truck. We are probably the closest to Charleston right now.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Sorry double post.

Edited by Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Phoenix mid May then Loveland, Colorado on July 4th. Our late summer plan is to see the Pacific Coast from North to South. We did South to North in early summer of 2012. Too gray and drizzly. Don't know if we'll be in Phoenix for Christmas yet. Lots of places we haven't stayed in the Southwest.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

We have skipped two years now so we are definitely plan on heading that way in January. We are open to anywhere, so we will be where ever you guys decide to go. We are looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

And we will enjoy meeting up with you guys again.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Things got set back again. Now they (Niece and Nephew) won't be able to leave until the 21st. That won't put them here until at least the night of the 25th if not later. I think I'll wait until they get here then refuse to go back with them. No, I'd better not they might decide to take me back in a body bag. The Seizures are doing a lot better. I haven't had any during the night or during the day today. But, I sure need a car load of Kleenex. I'm also much more confused than usual. I'm usually just more confusing than confused.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Things got set back again. Now they (Niece and Nephew) won't be able to leave until the 21st. That won't put them here until at least the night of the 25th if not later. I think I'll wait until they get here then refuse to go back with them. No, I'd better not they might decide to take me back in a body bag. The Seizures are doing a lot better. I haven't had any during the night or during the day today. But, I sure need a car load of Kleenex. I'm also much more confused than usual. I'm usually just more confusing than confused.

Glad to hear that the seizures are lessening Lee. Kleenex's eh? You must be suffering from all the pollen like we are? Never used to bother us but, it's been a problem since Texas. We keep moving north with the pollen season. :wacko:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

You play that little trick on the Niece & Nephew and they just might grab your stash of Kleenex away from you and use them like a carrot on a stick in front of an old horse and lead you all the way to the east coast.

Glad to hear the seizures seem to be letting up.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Glad to see you post again. Sounds like you are getting better except for allergies. Can you post where you are?

We are in Marathon, Tx. We have been to the Big Bend area 2 other times and our Jeep has broken down both times. This time (third time is the charm) we hope to explore the Chisos Mountains and the State Park before heading farther west.

Silly things - Yesterday went across a railroad crossing on US 90. It was so rough that my convex mirror on the drivers side popped out. It was hanging on by the heater wires. Before I could get stopped it fell of and broke. Bummer. The other day I pulled out a drawer and discovered a heat vent hose torn apart. Well our furnace had quit working a month or so ago. So I duct taped it back together. For the heck of it I tried the furnace this morning and it works. Idon't know if it was the rough railroad track or fixing the vent hose but I am happy.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Glad to hear the seizures are decreasing. Maybe, by the time your niece gets to you, you will be well!

Bought the first of this season's Benadryl yesterday. Already stocked up on Kleenex but may need to do it again soon. Now snoring so loudly I wake myself up! And drooled on my pillow with a cough drop in my mouth--yuck! But, it is nice to have the trees leafing out to hide the highway from view again.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have been taking Benadryl since mid march. It begins here in Virginia with the Bradford Pear trees with their white flowers. Now it the pine trees and the yellow pollen everywhere! Should only last another couple of weeks or so. But I spend a fortune on Kleenex all year round.

Lee, we are glad you seem to be improving. You know you are special to all of us!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We have made it back into Oregon. We spent a few great days in Likely Ca. before making the run to Central Oregon where we are mooch docking at friends outside of La Pine. Been bike riding and hiking some and catching up on things. This is the 3rd fulltime couple we know that are now going off the road and doing a house within the last few months . They have a nice setting and we are happy for them.

We will hang out here for maybe another day or 2 and then head west. We have an appointment to have a air-conditioner looked at on Monday in Eugene.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500