The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Last day at Ogilby Road and then leaving the Yuma area for Borrego Springs. Doing all the last minute things, laundry, propane, gas and groceries at Arizona prices this morning. This evening we are having a little gathering at our rig. Freddy and Delcie, Lyn and Ed, and perhaps Linda Gettig (Joe's friend) for a Pot Luck and fire. We enjoy Yuma but it's time. This will be the first step to our journey north :unsure: but with all the changes in our park job we are feeling much better about returning to the LOO (and of obligation).

It's official. Doug is now the Manager at our park. We seem to have been given free rein on most things. First we have to help find new staff. We need two couples to live on site from May until September. Know any Canadian SKP's looking for such a job?

Made it safely to Borrego Springs. It is so hot. We are exhausted.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's official. Doug is now the Manager at our park. We seem to have been given free rein on most things. First we have to help find new staff. We need two couples to live on site from May until September. Know any Canadian SKP's looking for such a job?

Congrats Doug. That park will really rock now.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Golly, Toni, the only Canadian SKPs I know of looking for such a job already have it. Congratulations and hopefully Doug gets a few more $$$$ with the new title.

Tomorrow we move on down to Tucson. We're going to be harassing Jerry and Janice before we move on to Deming to check out those cowgirls IYQ is taking to dinner all the time.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Has anyone used a repair shop in Yuma. Our refrigerator isn't staying cold. Just thought maybe someone has used someone around here. I am so tired of RV problems, hopefully this will be the last thing. We just took it in and had the overflow replaced because it had a crack and the turn signals had quit working when we left Quartzsite. Ed couldn't find the flasher so it only cost us $10 for the part and $107 for them to find it. :rolleyes: I am trying to stay positive about all this.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

Tomorrow we move on down to Tucson. We're going to be harassing Jerry and Janice before we move on to Deming to check out those cowgirls IYQ is taking to dinner all the time.

I'd better hurry up and pay out some hush money to all those cowgirls. I hope I have enough left to take Jeri and Terry to the Adobe Deli for dinner and keep them away from those Cowgirls.

The file cabinets arrived last night. I unpacked them this morning and put all the handles on. The next step will be going to the lumber company to pick up the material to make the top for my work bench. I'm having a ball but getting myself pretty tired doing so. As Freddy says "Life Is Good".

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Just under pine trees - so far so good. Catching up on old time tv since the satellite dome is cover with snow and ice. Leave it to Beaver is a hoot. Next week the Gulf coast. Hope it's warm.

Jeff

Ya'll are WAY too far north. No snow or ice in Bonita Springs, FL. The whole point of being mobile is to be where the weather is good! LOL!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Ya'll are WAY too far north. No snow or ice in Bonita Springs, FL. The whole point of being mobile is to be where the weather is good! LOL!

Hey Charley, what's up? Suppose to start warming up tomorrow but not nearly as warm as you. Going to extend our stay here a few days because of the storm then heading south to the gulf coast. Yes it was too early to be this far north but we wanted to see this part of Georgia before we head west. See you out west this summer? Later.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Just got back from dinner with a couple of Cowgirls and one Cowboy. We had steaks at the meat market. Yummy. I got a lot done on my shop today and most of the material I'll be needing. When I get it done I'll be too worn out to work in it. Oh well, I can always take a Steve on the work bench.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey Charley, what's up? Suppose to start warming up tomorrow but not nearly as warm as you. Going to extend our stay here a few days because of the storm then heading south to the gulf coast. Yes it was too early to be this far north but we wanted to see this part of Georgia before we head west. See you out west this summer? Later.

Jeff

Are you seeing any of it when you're snowed in? LOL!

Had an intention to do a Southwest loop this late Spring/early Summer but other obligations are going to take me to TN in mid May and keep me there for the majority of the summer. Thinking of committing to 6 months in FL next year. After seeing all the cold weather in the rest of the country this year I'm thinking it's a really good idea. The 6 month rate works out to be about $17/night. Big resort with lots of things to do. Not exactly seeing the country though. Maybe next year.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Has anyone used a repair shop in Yuma. Our refrigerator isn't staying cold. Just thought maybe someone has used someone around here. I am so tired of RV problems, hopefully this will be the last thing. We just took it in and had the overflow replaced because it had a crack and the turn signals had quit working when we left Quartzsite. Ed couldn't find the flasher so it only cost us $10 for the part and $107 for them to find it. :rolleyes: I am trying to stay positive about all this.

Ask the people at Harbor Freight. They are really helpful. They are on 16th just passed 4th. Good luck.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well I am sorry, but this weather sucks! Seriously. At 8:00 am it was already 55*, at noon it was 95* and around 3:00 it was nearly 100*. And overcast. Like a sponge. At 8:00 p.m I am cooking a roast chicken cause I couldn't put the oven on in the day time.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well I am sorry, but this weather sucks! Seriously. At 8:00 am it was already 55*, at noon it was 95* and around 3:00 it was nearly 100*. And overcast. Like a sponge. At 8:00 p.m I am cooking a roast chicken cause I couldn't put the oven on in the day time.

P.S. our eldest son bought a little trailer today. Welcome aboard son.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Congratulations to the new Boss! Stay cool in Borrego. lol.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Are you seeing any of it when you're snowed in? LOL!

Had an intention to do a Southwest loop this late Spring/early Summer but other obligations are going to take me to TN in mid May and keep me there for the majority of the summer. Thinking of committing to 6 months in FL next year. After seeing all the cold weather in the rest of the country this year I'm thinking it's a really good idea. The 6 month rate works out to be about $17/night. Big resort with lots of things to do. Not exactly seeing the country though. Maybe next year.

Snow is one thing but the ice is worse. Couldn't even take the dogs for a walk Friday morning until the ice started to melt.

6 months in one place is a loooooong time if you can move around. We're planning on the southwest next year before our Baja trip next Feb. Boondocking, Q, and campgrounds not one place too long. Lots of neat places and cities out east but we may not be back until 2016.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I got my work bench In my new shop almost finished today. But I am almost finished also. I sure get tired fast. It's getting very hard to convince myself that I'm still 19. I should be able to finish the work bench tomorrow. Then I think I'll take a couple of days off and just enjoy the warm weather. It got to 83 today. The Silver city Astronomy club is holding a meeting Tuesday. Maybe I'll drive up to that. They are also hosting a Star Party Saturday at the City of Rocks State Park. I'll go to that if it doesn't get cloudy. Right now I think I'll go to bed.

Edited by IYQ

We attended a small family gathering at Dave's sister's house yesterday. It's the third time in about 6 weeks I've been out of the apartment. Having all the rest time has been good for my health but I still don't like winter.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I didn't do much today. My back and hips were pretty sore so I went to wal-Mart to get a broom, trash can and dust pan for the new shop. I used one of the electric cart to go easy on my hips and the darn thing kept going dead. I'd mess with it a while then it would go again. There must have been a loose connection somewhere. Finally it went dead right in front of a security officer. So I told him to get someone to get it back to where it belonged and took my stuff and walked.

I went to the truck stop this evening for dinner. NO COWGIRLS I must be slipping.

I didn't do much today. My back and hips were pretty sore so I went to wal-Mart to get a broom, trash can and dust pan for the new shop. I used one of the electric cart to go easy on my hips and the darn thing kept going dead. I'd mess with it a while then it would go again. There must have been a loose connection somewhere. Finally it went dead right in front of a security officer. So I told him to get someone to get it back to where it belonged and took my stuff and walked.

I had a cart go dead on me in the grocery section of a Walmart. I used my cell phone to call customer service in the store and tell them where I was stuck with a cart full of groceries. They brought me a different cart and transferred my groceries for me. You CAN get good service at Walmart--I think they were afraid I would walk away from all those groceries.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Borrego Springs - not enjoying too much. Today it is in the mid 80's but three days of nearly 100* is deadly. There is no internet service either, or tv. We read a lot and nap. Today we came into town to catch up with the internet. We will stay here until Saturday, head to Walmart at Lake Elsinore for the night and then on to

H O L L Y W O O D!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We had a great time staying at Emerald Cove for 6 nights, even got the boat in the water and cruised with Paul & Sue a couple of times. Went to bingo with Ed & Linda and Terry and Jeri, had fun, but no luck on our part! Then moved to Lake Havasu for the "Winter Blast", and had a lot of fun with Paul & Sue, Mike & Julie, Brad & Marylyn, for 5 days of (fourth of July) fireworks. Now moved back to Yuma to cool our heels for a while, do our taxes, and figure out what happens next. We do have our son's wedding in April, so at some point we will have to head back to Oklahoma. Don't want to miss tornado season you know...Sigh! We will probably stay there until he moves to Colorado in July and then fix up the house he has been living in and get it ready to rent out before we take off for wherever!! Nice here in Yuma tonight, with all the windows open and a small breeze wafting through. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We had a great time staying at Emerald Cove for 6 nights, even got the boat in the water and cruised with Paul & Sue a couple of times. Went to bingo with Ed & Linda and Terry and Jeri, had fun, but no luck on our part! Then moved to Lake Havasu for the "Winter Blast", and had a lot of fun with Paul & Sue, Mike & Julie, Brad & Marylyn, for 5 days of (fourth of July) fireworks. Now moved back to Yuma to cool our heels for a while, do our taxes, and figure out what happens next. We do have our son's wedding in April, so at some point we will have to head back to Oklahoma. Don't want to miss tornado season you know...Sigh! We will probably stay there until he moves to Colorado in July and then fix up the house he has been living in and get it ready to rent out before we take off for wherever!! Nice here in Yuma tonight, with all the windows open and a small breeze wafting through. Steve

We should have stayed put in Yuma. It's too hot here. Have fun. Miss you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I went up to Silver City to attend the Astronomical society monthly meeting. The speaker was very interesting. They have a star party scheduled for Saturday. I hope the sky is clear. The round trip is a little ove 100 miles. I don't think I'll be going to many of their meetings. I' ll save the fuel for the trip over to Shawnee to steal the Ice Cream machine.

We should have stayed put in Yuma. It's too hot here. Have fun. Miss you.

Ugh! It's hard to keep up with that heat without the air conditioner! It's been quite warm in Tucson but pretty close to perfect. We're out of here on Saturday (probably) but not going far ... just down the road towards Benson for another visit at Tombstone. We'll probably change our duds on Monday and dress up like a cowboy and a cowgirl to surprise IYQ. (Shhhh ... don't tell him). We haven't decided whether we'll spend the night in Deming or just take Lee to lunch. We figure with all the folks he takes to dinner, it's about time some cowfolks treated him!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Darn, he remembered the "ice cream machine"! Now I'll have to run back there and hide it again. Hmm that's if I can remember where I put it. Had to move it toooo many times!!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"