Class of 2015

ezdays

Bill&Cindy, Nice to hear that we won't be the only one cutting the umbilical cord (to this old life style) next June or July. Sound like a nice Truck. Now go out and fined the right Fifth wheel. Enjoy the Ride.

Slopoke (Scott)

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun with the purging! I couldn't believe some of the stuff we had saved! The biggest surprise was the kids not really wanting all those precious things they wanted us to keep for them! They both saved a few things, so I guess it was worth it. My biggest problem now is some collections....my moms doll collection and out southwest collection and my bear collection. We don't really know how to market that stuff, any ideas?

We just can't wait to get on the road again.......?

Welcome to the class SloPoke! It's funny that so many of us are from California - it will look like a mass exodus next summer :D!

Luv2pik - I sure hope you're right, but California is a big place and San Jose is a whole different world than SoCal. We're seeing houses for sale in our neighborhood over the past month and keeping our fingers crossed that they sell quickly, and at the prices they are asking!!

We continue on track toward being debt-free but will still have to sell the house before buying the rig. It will be a crazy balancing act in the last couple of months, but we are so excited to be getting closer!!

Good luck to all on what you're tackling - hope to see you on the road next year!!

Jodee

Thanks for the kind welcome Bill and Jodee. I don't think that Sacramento will even notice the exodus. :unsure:

SloPoke

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

I'm full timing as of 8/26/14-the last day on my lease. Getting close!

2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7L, 3.73, CC, DRW, 8' Bed, Reese Elite 25K, TST 507
2011 Carri Lite 36XTRM5, MORryde IS/ Pin Box, Hydraulic Jacks/ Brakes, 17.5" Wheels/ G114 Tires

Solar 960 watts, (2) 50amp controllers, 3,000 watt hybrid inverter/charger, 830 AH batt bank

WiFi Ranger Elite Pack; weboost Drive 4G-X

. So I am looking for others who have made this type of move and have suggestions. No need for me to re-invent the wheel so to speak. So what should I do?

Not being new to the lifestyle, I don't usually spend much time here but I did notice that it has now been some time since your question and I've not noticed any replies so thought that I might jump in. If you have the RV delivered to the Florida lot then there really isn't a great deal that you need to do. You will need some means of mail forwarding but if your moves are less than 6 months in the RV you can just use a temporary forwarding order to take care of that. I'm not sure what else you are looking for but if you are still watching, drop back in with more specific questions and I am sure that you will get advice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Luv2pik, You have our sympathies on the possible long hard winter coming up. I just hope it is not another dry winter here in California. :unsure: I may have to put in a new lawn next spring. Only time will tell.

Slopoke

I so hope you don't have another dry winter. We in Michigan never have to think about long term drought, and I feel bad for those who do. Would have gladly sent you some of our snow last year! Once we are all on the road these things won't affect us so much!

We just can't wait to get on the road again.......?

We would gladly take the snow and water off your hands. We just need to figure how to get it here.

This last week we went towards Sacramento looking for used RV rigs. Most of them were 40 feet, which is not what we are looking for. We saw a 38 foot 2001 Newmar Dutch Star that Suzanne liked. I wonder how old a rig the average person would buy. I know there is a 36 to 38 foot RV out there with our name on it, we just need to find it. I finished the master bathroom remodel. :D On the Master Bedroom I just need to finish painting the ceiling and put up the crown and base molding. Then I will move on to the the garage. :blink:

Enjoy the process and the ride.

Well I'm still reducing my load today my bike goes kind of a big step but I got what I was asking so that makes it a lot easier. My nephew got his first apartment and I showed up to see the place with an easy chair, kitchen table pots&pans towels glasses sheets... he was happy and so was I. I still have so much stuff to get rid of I don't know where it all came from. Good luck to you all.

Scott

Just joining the party. 2015 is one of three potential launch dates, 2016 and 2021 being the other two options. I'm going to join the 2015 class, although my wife would tell me to join the 2016 class :-P

When we go fulltime, it will be my wife and I and our two sons. I have two older daughters that will be leaving the house and beginning their own journeys. I've found Escapees to be a wonderful place to start turning fulltiming dreams into reality and look forward to sharing the journey with this class. Now...back to the start of this string for some catching up.

Shep

ChristyW and OldShepster Welcome to the class of 2015!! OldShepster enjoy the reading. Good thing it is only 9 pages long; but we're just getting started. Keep us informed on your progress of downsizing or any ideas on how to do it easier or quicker. I still have the garage, attic, and 2 storage sheds to go through. :o

Enjoy the process and the ride.

Scott (slopoke) and Suzanne

Ok --- gulp --- I'm going to take the plunge and commit to the "Class of 2015". I'm retired and have my rig (28' fiver and Dodge Ram 2500 cummins diesel) but my major hurdle is getting my house ready to sell and then getting rid of a lifetime of "stuff". I'm not a hoarder (I don't think) but I am a "saver". It's hard to turn loose but the call of the open road is ringing in my ears. I'm hoping to make Livingston my main "domicile" ---- can you do that? --- and then travel seasonally to follow the good weather with some adventures thrown in. Alaska is calling but I am hoping to do that with a group of some kind. I am somewhat leery of heading off on a trip that long alone, so I've joined the Escapee's SOLO group and belong to a local women's rv'ing group. I have family ties in the Tucson area so will probably spend winters there or perhaps somewhere like Bullhead City, AZ. Summers I plan to head someplace that is NOT hot and humid! I've spend most of my life on the Texas Gulf Coast and I've had it with the humid summers.

Looking forward to being "free" in 2015!!

Sherry

"Gypsybootz and Bat Man" (my rig and truck)

Sherry

2013 Crossroads Sunset Trail - "Gypsybootz"

2006 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel -- "BAT Man"

gypsybootz

I couldn't agree more on Texas summers. Even on the beach here in Galveston, it is hazy, hot and humid. We are headed for the Pacific Northwest next June. S\We will spend summers in June up there with 4 grandkids and winters back here with two grandkids. We plan on taking a different each trip. Until then, we have have to solve the same problem of lots of stuff and a house. I hope the kids have room for all the valuables we have been saving for them.

So, the financial police have determined that we will need to wait until December 2015 to retire. The soonest we can then hit the road fulltime will be in the spring of 2016, so I guess we'll have to migrate over to the class of 2016. Sorry to say, but it is necessary for us. See you on the road!

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

We might be there, only if we have a motorhome by then. We are heading up to Eugene, Oregon next week to look at Country Coaches and Newmar’s. The wife likes the Country Coach interior layouts. They seem to have enough cabinet space, along with computer desk and washer/dryer. These are a MUST have!!!

Almost done with the Master Bedroom remodel. A few more hours should do it.

Enjoy the ride.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the next big step to becoming a full timer. Yesterday we bought our home on wheels for the next few years. It is a new 2013 Stoneridge 36RK. Lots of extras and lots of storage. We could easily overload it with all the storage room. This unit has never been titled and the dealer wanted to get it off the lot, so he listed it for a little over 45% off. We pick it up in two weeks.

Congratulations Bill and Cindy on your new home. We also got another piece of the puzzle in place. Last Week we went up to Eugene OR to look at a few RV dealers and ended up committing ourselves to purchasing a 2007 Country Coach 37ft Allure 470. We are having an easy chair removed and a computer desk put in. We are planning to pick it up in October when I have a week off. We can’t wait to bring it home and start using it. Now we need to finish getting this house cleaned out. Only 8 more months till we are outta here. As the DW said “OMG, we are really going to do this!!” :unsure:

Enjoy the ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Slo - That's a nice rig. I usually let out a barely audible "mmmmm" when a rig like that goes by.

We took a big step today and bought our 'test rig' (30' Airstream from 1978) to see if my wife enjoys the lifestyle. I trailer camped for extended periods as a kid, so I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for. My wife likes the concept, now we need to put it into practice. A $6K rig is a safe way to start. We should be able to get most of it back at resale.

Now to find a tow vehicle...

Shep

• 2 weeks later...

Took possession of our new Airstream on Saturday. Wife and kids loved it, so...that's a good thing. I don't think 200 sq ft is going to work for a full time vehicle, but I have the family excited about camping and that is an important first step. Still need to find a tow vehicle and we need to do some modest customizing to get the vehicle ready for our family.

Shep

Archived