Classes of 2008 and 2009

We (early Sunday) beat tracks from NYC back to Toledo to visit Mom -- she began a rapid descent a couple days earlier.

Mom passed quietly, in her sleep at 05:20 EDT Wed; she'd been made very comfortable, especially the last 8 weeks, by the caregivers at ParkCliffe Community, the Hospice attendants & their nurses... didn't need Adavan at all (so, minimum/negligible agitation), was given morphine for the first time on Saturday -- that is what made it clear we needed to be back in Toledo. We visited with Mom all day Tues, into the evening, planning to spend all of Wed with her -- but, she was so ready, she left once she knew all her kids were nearby!

Love to all,

-Don

So sorry. We know this is such a hard time. Our sympathies are with you.

IYQ -- I really like the poem you wrote. It says so much.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, ALL for your kind thoughts and prayers... AND,,,,

WOW, Lee you must be very proud to have known such a wise woman!

Up late, preparing music & slides for the viewing in 12 hours,,, will try to get some rest, now.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Don & Fannie, we send you our condolences also. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Steve & Carol

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

it drizzled rain all day today. That's the kind of rain we really need here so it will soak in and not run off into the Rio Grande. This noon when I was about bored stiff from sitting here looking out the window, I took one of the Cowgirls out the the Savoy for lunch. I had to get her back by 2 to open the office again. Then this evening 8 of use went to the Meat Market to have steaks for dinner. Their is a Restaurant in half of the meat market and they get their steaks freshly cut and cook them the way you ask. It's a Mexican restaurant and I don't care for their Mexican food but their steaks are very good. It's now 7:30 PM so there will be no card games tonight. I should be an expert thumb twiddler by bed time.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We had rain too. Lasted only a couple of hours. I was hoping it would be raining at bedtime because I love the sound of rain on the roof to go to sleep to.

Graeme's car is broken! Course that sent him into one of his panics. Anyhow Doug and Doug (the guy whose property we are parked on) are under the hood now. Seems to be a stuck cylinder and together they can get it done. 2nd Doug has a huge shop and lots of tools and some parts. Also a discount at the local parts place.

Graeme delivers pizza for his job so his car is a must. He can just stay home until the guys are done cause I am not up to another scene. Good things are 1. We are here 2. Doug can fix it.

Anyhow 20 days to solve this little problem and we are on our way.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Sorry your son had car trouble, never a good thing. Good on you Doug for being there and able to fix it.

We spent the last two nights in a liquor store parking lot. Not the worst place to be holed up. We were going south in New Hampshire when the road we were supposed to turn on had a 11' overpass on it. :angry: Hmmmmm, we kept going south and came on two more bridges that were 14', but only if you took the middle of both lanes. Had to stop traffic to get us across, and on one of them it was no problem. The other one had a bunch of cars coming onto it that had no concept of why we were straddling the middle of the road :blink: . Needed a stiff cranberry juice after that one. :lol: Today we headed West for NY, and wound up in Schuylerville, just south of Saratoga on the Hudson river. We found a nice little yacht basin with a few RV spots in it to use as a base camp to explore the area. I can throw a rock and hit the Hudson from where we are parked, and there are only a few people left here. Most have headed out for warmer weather. Kind of misted rain all day today and there are no roads around here that go east and west, so it made for an interesting drive. They did have a few 9% grades, but they were short, and by the time I got in the right gear and jake brake we were already at the bottom. <_< Now time to take it easy for a few days before we head on down to NYC. We have reservations at Liberty Harbor RV in NJ for a week, so I'll have to figure out how is the best way to get in there. Carol used to live in NYC, so she wants to look up a few old friends and take in a Broadway show. Woo! Hoo! After that we are going to get serious about getting South. Steve :P

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Watch out gang they let Steve back in the country. I guess we didn't bribe those Border Guards enough. Oh Well, Steve if you bring enough cranberry juice with you we'll quit hidding and come out and play with you.

I made arrangements to get another of the Cowgirls High today. I Chartered another airplane ride for next Thursday morning. It will be the last for this year. I was going to try to take two of them up but finding two that are compatible and have a combined weight of less than 300 lbs is just not going to happen around here. Of course us guys never cause the weight problem. (The Pilot weighs 250 and I weigh 217 and I'm not going to tell you how much that adds up to.

We ask at happy hour how many people would like to have a dance party tonight in the Mess Hall. About 15 raised their hand. So we set up the music and put out snacks but only 8 showed up so we called it off. The same thing happened with a pizza party earlier but only 3 showed up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We ask at happy hour how many people would like to have a dance party tonight in the Mess Hall. About 15 raised their hand. So we set up the music and put out snacks but only 8 showed up so we called it off. The same thing happened with a pizza party earlier but only 3 showed up.

Yummm. Leftover pizza! :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I went out to the Savoy (14 miles west of town) for lunch today with a couple of friends. Just nicely got back home and looked at my watch and it was time for dinner. So I found another Cowgirl and went back out there for dinner. Now I'm so stuffed I'm uncomfortable. Then we sat outside and gabbed for a couple of hour when we got back home. Six or seven of us sit outside and gab just about every night.

Edited by IYQ

Nothing much doing today so I got Steve fever and slept all day. This noon I took one of the new cowgirls to the Adobe Deli for lunch. I ate half my sandwich there then had the other half for dinner tonight and that's about the size of my day today.

Yummm. Leftover pizza! :)

Linda Sand

No left overs. Sorry but we had the Pizza party at a bar and restaurant and just didn't order any pizzas for the missing members. Better Luck next time.

Guest coldsmoke

we have arrived in spokane

will set up here for at least 1 week for repairs ( %&*&&* motorhome !!!!!)

im starting to hate rving !!!!!

good trip only a little bit of snow on way. all around ok drive. limped into spokane overheating bad for 800 miles, and no repair places in canada ,, weird

next stop ohio

mike and deb

We're going to visit friends in Albuquerque tonight then on towards New Braunfels, Tx. They are still worker bees so no hurry to get to their house. Took senic route yesterday over La Veta pass (US 160) to Alamosa, Co. then south on US 285 to Santa Fe. Beautiful sunset last night. Think we'll miss the mountains once we settle in Texas but not the cold and snow. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

we have arrived in spokane

will set up here for at least 1 week for repairs ( %&*&&* motorhome !!!!!)

im starting to hate rving !!!!!

good trip only a little bit of snow on way. all around ok drive. limped into spokane overheating bad for 800 miles, and no repair places in canada ,, weird

next stop ohio

mike and deb

What, no repair places in Canada? Which way did you go?

Are you just trying to get my dander up?

No really sorry for your troubles.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

from dawson creek to prince george to border at osoyoos, no one will work on diesel mh.

maybe to complicated for them. you have to open a latch hahahaha

we will get it taken care of here

you have dander ??

mike and deb

Edited by coldsmoke

from dawson creek to prince george to border at osoyoos, no one will work on diesel mh.

you have dander ??

mike and deb

Well at least you can spell Osoyoos. With all the rich people there, you would think they had someone to help you out.:angry:

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

you have dander ??

mike and deb

hope they get ya fixed up! Just don't stop in Idaho! Dennis Dillons or Cummins in Boise! You will have to blow the dust balls out of your wallet and still not be fixed there! Have a wonderful trip but you may start meeting up with freezing and rain and that "S" word going that far east! It's time to head west and south young man!!!! ;)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

you have dander ??

mike and deb

Yep always knew there was something strange bout them "EH" folks. :ph34r: Hope you get your problems taken care of real soon.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

eh ?

what you mean eh ? eh?

they kinda talkfunny huh , kinda like that jerry guy dont understand ,,janice i can understand but a stretch understanding jerry..

hopefully we can find a cat dealer n spokane...hopefully

then east we go

you all stay safe

mike and deb

I think you may have been away from civilization too long. Talking to the bears is not the same as talking to me. I will try not to use words you don't understand, my grandson started kindergarden this year I will get him to help me to speak at your level..Deb is a superwoman to put up with you. Looking forward to seeing Deb and you again. Go visit Joe, if he can't fix your coach bet he knows some one that can. He might have some bad whiskey to share.

eh ?

what you mean eh ? eh?

they kinda talkfunny huh , kinda like that jerry guy dont understand ,,janice i can understand but a stretch understanding jerry..

hopefully we can find a cat dealer n spokane...hopefully

then east we go

you all stay safe

mike and deb

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I had full intentions of washing my slide topper this morning and repairing the cuts and rips in it. That never happened. I found it much more interesting to draw a map for a friend so he could find the connecting road to be able to go all the way around the mountains. Then this evening you know I was forced to take a couple of cowgirls out to dinner. I had help though, I took a cowboy too. I did carve a little bit today but not much so the day wasn't a total loss.

Guest coldsmoke

I think you may have been away from civilization too long. Talking to the bears is not the same as talking to me. I will try not to use words you don't understand, my grandson started kindergarden this year I will get him to help me to speak at your level..Deb is a superwoman to put up with you. Looking forward to seeing Deb and you again. Go visit Joe, if he can't fix your coach bet he knows some one that can. He might have some bad whiskey to share.

dang you caught me !!

we will be coming to your neck of the woods this year, providing you are staying put (which is a shame) but with diesel at $409403493.00 a quart(democrat inflation rate) i can understand.

we will be in myrtle beach sometime in nov, then i want to go to atlanta to studio 63.

mik and deb