End Of Life Decisions

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'm going to throw this hypothetical out there. For a solo fulltimer, what options exist to have their remains and RV/TV moved from their end of life location to a home state funeral home?

2019 New Horizons 40' Summit Fiver

2019 F350 Dually King Ranch

Fulltiming since April 2019

Most medical assistance  programs address this topic. I am unaware if Escapees has such a program for traveling members.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

6 hours ago, Hans45 said:

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'm going to throw this hypothetical out there. For a solo fulltimer, what options exist to have their remains and RV/TV moved from their end of life location to a home state funeral home?

I would do this discussion with your family or close friend.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Hans45, welcome to the forums!

This is as good a place as any for the discussion. Since I have not traveled as a single in many years, that isn't a subject that I have given much thought to, but it is a valid one.I think that many couples have such conversations but for singles it is a different issue.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

As a solo full-timer I've also had the same questions. I've probably answer some of them myself just by talking to surviving members of my family.

1: Have an up to date will, and your survivor has a copy of it, and instructions on where the original is located, along with the burial policy.

2: Have all your vehicle titles, including the RV with your name, with an "OR" added.,  and their name.

3: Burial Policy paid for, and your wishes known to your survivor

4: List all Credit Cards, Insurance information, companies you pay bills too,  membership, cell phone bill. Along with contact phone numbers, and account numbers.

This may give you some ideas on where to start putting together information for your survivor. I did mine on an office program, made 2 copies, I've got 1 copy and my survivor has the second copy. It may not be perfect, but it's a start.

26 minutes ago, Captain Happy said:

I did mine on an office program, made 2 copies, I've got 1 copy and my survivor has the second copy. It may not be perfect, but it's a start.

Do you keep your emergency contact numbers and medical information in some easily seen, readily available location for anyone that might find you? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I use Dashlane password manager. It has feature for this.  I send a special link to the kids.  Using that link they can request access to my password account, I'm sent a notice that they have requested access. If I don't respond with access denied, after a 14 day waiting period they get access to all my accounts and logins.  The program also has a place for memos and personal info, contacts, everything they need but the will.

This way as I change logins, passwords add accounts, remove accounts. What they have access to is always up to date.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

4 hours ago, Captain Happy said:

As a solo full-timer I've also had the same questions. I've probably answer some of them myself just by talking to surviving members of my family.

1: Have an up to date will, and your survivor has a copy of it, and instructions on where the original is located, along with the burial policy.

2: Have all your vehicle titles, including the RV with your name, with an "OR" added.,  and their name.

3: Burial Policy paid for, and your wishes known to your survivor

4: List all Credit Cards, Insurance information, companies you pay bills too,  membership, cell phone bill. Along with contact phone numbers, and account numbers.

This may give you some ideas on where to start putting together information for your survivor. I did mine on an office program, made 2 copies, I've got 1 copy and my survivor has the second copy. It may not be perfect, but it's a start.

EXCELLENT!!!  This goes for everyone; not just solo RVers.

Full-timed for 16 Years

One winter when I checked into La Posa South they asked me if I wanted to list someone to notify in case of emergency. Apparently a man died there and they didn't know who to contact.

Our daughter and Dave's sister have the passwords for our computers, phones, and password manager. Also, on Dave's computer desktop is a document with everything they will need to know including where to find our wills and powers of attorney. Our phones are set up so emergency personnel can access ICE without knowing our passwords. I have a card in my wallet listing important contacts. And we have medical information, including our POLSTs, posted on our fridge.

I think we are covered.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Good thread!

I talked to a solo traveler who has a plastic box mounted on the wall opposite the rig's door. The box had some sort of text on it (EMS or 911 or something like that) that had information that would be of help in an emergency. It was clearly visible from outside.

A family member has all of the information that would be needed should something happen to either or both of us. That's important because we are so often together. We have two couples here that are both in care situations due to vehicle accidents NOT involving their rigs. Both will eventually recover and return, but it will be some time before that happens. Again, family members are taking care of their affairs.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

We carried information in our Jeep's glove compartment and in a prominent place in the motorhome.  .  .  information such as next of kin, phone #'s and especially where our motorhome was parked.  This was in case one of us was in the Jeep and the other back 'home' in the RV and one of us was in an accident or had a medical incident.  Then they could easily locate the other.

We tried to let the kids know where we were heading with each move as we boondocked a lot on public lands.

Full-timed for 16 Years