RV Weather Station

Zulu

I had a high end Davis Instruments system at the stix 'n brix for years. It was internet connected and fed data to Weather Underground and the NWS when it was in service. When we settle down again, I think this is the unit I'm going for - still Davis Instruments but simpler and less expensive... plus, I still have two extra consoles that will work with it.

Vantage Vue

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I have the LaCrosse 5 in 1 Weather Station.  It was the one sold (and may still be selling) at Costco.  Internet connected, so I can check in on the sensors when I'm away, and also get alerts on my phone.  You can add more sensors to connect to the base station, though those sensors won't show up on the display, they will show on the app on the phone.  So now I have temp/humidity sensors outside, inside (the base station), under the RV (used when I'm skirted for winter), and in the fridge.  I also have a rain sensor and a wind sensor.   I kind of wish I had a baro sensor and connected to wunderground, but not a huge deal, and the deal I got on the weather station at Costco when it was on sale was great.  

I think the deal at the time was $50 for the set, about 1.5 years ago.

Edited by dartmouth01

Check out the Weatherflow system. https://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

Here's the user forum. https://community.weatherflow.com/

Measures all the thinks you listed plus humidity and lightning.  You'll need to thing about how you will mount any unit you pick, to give accurate wind direction info you'll need to orient it to north every time you stop.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

I've always wondered about them because every once and awhile I have seen the small weather sensors on top of RVs.  In the park we are in now there was a Class A with one mounted.  Maybe these were just to measure wind speed?

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

If I get a weather station, it will probably be the Davis Vantage Vue based on several recommendations. It's a rugged unit, but the display interface looks like something a geek created in shop class. The color displays on the AcuRite units are more appealing.

Also, it's klunky to set up -- which would have to be done every time we moved -- as the weather module is bulky and delicate at the same time. Dunno.

Yes, Joe, the whirling thing is a wind sped indicator.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs