mail service info

we are selling our house, we should be out anywhere between the 16th and the 18th of the month, would like some info of the mail service, we have not changes our domicile as of yet, can we can still sign up and get a address to receive our mail until we are able to travel to what ever state we decide to domicile in? I have also heard we can find a mail service to receive mail in the meantime also, we are going to stay in california for a while for some birthdays of the grand kids coming up, I would greatly appreciate some first hand experience with the mail service,, thanks in advance for any info you want to share, 

hamrs_62 

Mark & Annette 

Edited by hamrs_62

Mark & Annette

With only 2 weeks left, you have really cut things close on your mail so you need to choose where you will get it soon. Mail service is not a part of your domicile so you can get that from anyone, anywhere but you are required to have an address in order to hold a driver's license, for vehicle registrations, any form of insurance, to vote, and a long list of other business and legal items. 

1 hour ago, hamrs_62 said:

I would greatly appreciate some first hand experience with the mail service,, thanks in advance for any info you want to share, 

We have had an address with the Escapees now since early in 2000 and continue to maintain it today. We used that address as our legal domicile for nearly 12 years on the road and since buying a home-base again we use the service when we travel for extended periods each year. I don't know just what you wish to know about the service but we have been very happy with ours and find it easy to use, inexpensive, and convenient. If you have more questions, please let us know what they may be. 

If what you want is advice about domicile choices, we really need more information about you and your plans in order to give any advice. I do suggest that you need to do some very serious reading about domicile and how to choose the right one as soon as possible. 

Choosing a Full-time Domicile

The Issue of Domicile

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have used the Escapees mail service since the 90's and can say we have never had a problem. We started using the service when we began traveling a lot, it has been an easy transition since we went full time. We love getting our mail every 2-4 weeks. Much better than the daily at the house and all the junk mail that goes right into the trash can.

Highly recommend the service.

well we had a house that we were going to buy that we were going to use as a airb&b and rent it out during the time we were gone, the house turned out to have to much wrong that was hidden and we found out by having a whole house inspector go through it, it was expensive, but worth the price, for showing what was wrong before we bought it, and then having to put 60,000 in repairs into just to get it up to par and safe, that is why we are so late in doing what we are doing, I know it is a excuse, I just wanted to know if I could use it while not having a domicile while we look for another possible house to use as a domicile and a airb&b 

Mark & Annette

We use the basic plan with My RV Mail in Crestview Fla.  Been using it only a few months.  No issues.  The premium plan allows you to see who sent you mail.  They might scan your mail to see it online with the premium plan, too, I don't remember. 

We have ordered our mail once in 6 weeks.  I may request it once every 3 weeks or so.  I have yet to receive any piece of mail that is so important it can't wait several weeks to be delivered to me.  

10 minutes ago, hamrs_62 said:

I just wanted to know if I could use it while not having a domicile while we look for another possible house to use as a domicile

That answer is yes. However, most mail service companies charge an annual fee so you sign up for a year of service. At Escapees that would be a charge of $95, plus the postage cost each time you get your mail.  You might also be able to receive your mail at whatever RV park you plan to stay in as you continue to look for another house. 

7 hours ago, hamrs_62 said:

can we can still sign up and get a address to receive our mail until we are able to travel to what ever state we decide to domicile in?

If you already know what State you'd like to be domiciled in, there's no reason to wait until you get there in order to get a mail service.  Your email makes it sound as if you are looking for a temporary mail forwarding address to use until you decide on a permanent one.  That really is an unnecessary additional step.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

While you must have a domicile some place and leaving California is not easy. So do read the links Kirk sent you. If you plan to stay in California then you do need a mail service but you still need a legal address which can't be the house you are selling once it closes. Please, don't delay on this issue.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We signed up with Escapees mail service in Livingston in July 2008 when we left our stick and brick.  We have been so happy with their service.  In all that time the mail only got screwed up one time and it wasn't Escapees; the substitute mailman for the day wasn't aware that the house being framed didn't belong to the pre-existing mailbox and he didn't deliver the mail.  All the Escapees help has been outstanding for all the years on the road. 

Whether it's membership, mail service or the forum, the motto ought to be "Don't leave home without it."  :)

Escapees is the best out there. Are there occasional problems? Yes, minor compared to others. I think they are trying and they do a good job most of the time.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

As stated, you are cutting it really close.  We started our mailing service about 5 months before we moved.  I also flew out to that state and changed our DLs. We bought everything new, so the vehicles were registered in the new state also. One of the reasons that we did this was that on paper we had already moved.  So “7 months” we did not reside on that state. But we did leave that state in July.   So I did not have to pay taxes in that state.

You also need to decide where you want your domicile set up.  I am with Escapees out of SD.

If you just Google or search on here under mailing Service or domicile you will see pages of threads and information.  There is a lot of good information on this site.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...

does escapee's address fulfill the  physical address requirement we sold the house the house we were going to buy fell through, and now the DW decided that we were not going to buy a house here, at least not for now, happy wife happy life 

Edited by hamrs_62

Mark & Annette

10 minutes ago, hamrs_62 said:

does escapee's address fulfill the  physical address requirement

In all 3 states that Escapees can provide an address for also accept a mail service as a legal address for that purpose. 

1 hour ago, hamrs_62 said:

does escapee's address fulfill the  physical address requirement we sold the house the house we were going to buy fell through, and now the DW decided that we were not going to buy a house here, at least not for now, happy wife happy life 

Yes it does if you change your domicile to TX(also available are  SD and FL). Escapees Mail Service can be used either way. Just as a mail forwarding service or also as your legal domicile.