Moving

curty

I live In WI, I want to move to Florida in the fall and live at A RV park, I don't want to keep on moving. I will be pulling a 22ft trailer to live in. MY budget will be $ 2500. per month, Can I find a nice park for long term living. I am thinking right now around the Bradington, sarasota area.? curty

Maybe in the summer but in the winter months your rent for a space will be $1000 or more plus electric. Good luck. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We are currently making our way s..l..o..w..l..y  out of Florida.  Our first stop for about 10 days is in Brandenton (Timberlane RV Park & Resort).  It is a pretty new park with all RVs and no park models.  You would have to call them for prices but based on what we are paying I suspect you would pay between $700 and $800 from April to November and maybe around $1,000 from December to March.  I do know they have three or four different prices for different size sites.  

If it was me I would be coming down soon and finding a park you like.  In the off-season it would be easy to get in plus you may establish a relationship with the owners and end up doing a little part time work to take care of some or all of your lot rent.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

We have been wintering in Florida over 10 years. Florida is very expensive . Check this park for long term pricing.We stayed there for 3 years it is clean, friendly and well maintained, Disney is near by and if you need a job it is not hard to get a seasonal job both wife and I worked there for several years.

it is a older   park with not many long lots we moved for a longer lot our Montana 5th wheel we 40 foot long.   http://mousemountainrvresort.com/

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Is there a requirement for Florida? You might want to look at Texas along the Gulf coast on down to the Rio Grande Valley (RGV).  Prices in the RGV run about $1000_ 1500 for winter season.  

Just some thoughts.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

On 4/4/2019 at 6:53 PM, whj469 said:

I did see an RV park that was up on Lake Oakachobi that had yearly rent of $2,400 for they year. I think that it was on the Forest River Forums?

We stayed on the SW corner of lake Okeechobee one winter, the rates are the lowest in the center(E to W), however you are 50 miles from anything resembling a city.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

curty, have you looked into the Escapees Co-ops? Basically, you lease a lot for a set price (varies with the co-op and lot improvements), then pay the annual maintenance fee plus any other assessments. You will also pay electric when you are there. When you aren't there, the lot can be in the rental pool, which either helps keep costs down for leaseholders OR reduces your maintenance fee (again, varies with the park). When you are ready to leave for good you turn in your lot and get your original investment back. These aren't time-shares, so you can stay on your lot for as long as you want.

Each co-op has specific rules, so you'd have to check on the one(s) you are interested in. Some have years-long waiting lists, while others may have lots available for lease immediately. Co-ops are located from Florida to California and on up the Pacific coast to Washington.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

If you don't plan on traveling in your trailer, have you considered a park model?  They are permanent structures, but smaller than a regular mobile home.  A big advantage is that they are better insulated than a trailer and have permanent hookups.  Florida gets pretty hot and muggy in the summer and you will need a big AC unit to keep comfortable.  Bradenton area is one of the hottest parts so you need to prepare for that.  Hot summers are a big reason "snowbirds" go back to cooler places in summer.

Also, if you are sure you know what part of Florida you want to live in, you could consider buying a lot and parking there permanently. 

I just did a quick 'Google' and found this one for 6 months for $2500.  They also have Park Models there which you might be able to purchase reasonably.

https://www.silverspringsrvpark.com/rates-reservations/

There are reasonable RV parks in every state if you look hard enough and perhaps lower your wants and area - even in Florida.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived