Loosing memory sat receiver

We use the Pathway X2. We can be watching a station on one of the weaker channels. Screen goes blank, no messages. Stays this way a minute or so. Then sattelite set up screen comes up. Have to rescan. This only happens on some stations. Most no issuse. Think it is a receiver isuse?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

More likely that the dish is having trouble seeing one of your satellites.  Try to determine which satellite you are watching when it happens and see if it is unique to one satellite over another.   On the VIP211, press "Info" twice and it will tell you what satellite you're using.  On a Wally, press "Info" then "Recall" to see.

Could be that the line of sight to that one satellite is obstructed by limbs and such.  Or, it also might be that the overcast conditions are degrading an otherwise weak signal.  Depending on your location, the 129 satellite can be pretty low on the horizon.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

We have the option of scanning either east or west sats. We try both, same thing. What I don't understand why I have to rescan. It never pixels. Just goes blank. It is like the receiver looses it's memory. During storms where signal gets interrupted, we get weak signal message and eventually it comes back as sky clears. Never have to rescan. On certain stations, 105, 128,127, it does this.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yes, it sounds like it's receiver related.  Those stations are on two different sats.  The way you describe it, it's like it's losing power momentarily and resetting.  Check your power cord where it plugs into the rear of the receiver, just for kicks.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

When I was experiencing a similar symptoms with our Pathway 2X and Wally I eventually made a direct connection to the Wally using quad shield coax.  Never a problem since.

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

Sounds to me like your power is blinking one and off, the 211 will not hold memory even with a power blink so short you can barely see it.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

On 12/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, GlennWest said:

We use the Pathway X2. We can be watching a station on one of the weaker channels.

From my use of the Pathway X2, the receiver connected to the Secondary Port of the Pathway may have problems. Solution is leave the receiver connected to the Primary Port turned on..

Without power from the Primary receiver,  my Pathway will move about every 15 minutes giving a chance for the Secondary receiver to loose sync.and restart on stronger signals.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

As Clay said leave the power on. I had a Pathway X2 and the 211K when I had my 5er. I never turned the power off to the receiver. Never had any problems. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Your receiver won't turn off anyway, all it does is go into standby.  It will also go into standby on it's own if you turn the TV off.  The only way to turn a receiver off is to kill the power to it.

It is also possible you are not totally losing power but may be having a dip in voltage which will cause the receiver to lose memory.  Years ago while still working, as a lineman with the electric utility, I had to check on a customer complaint that he was losing memory to his satellite receiver, and this was only happening when he would turn on one of his very large woodworking tools in his garage.  His home was a couple lots away from one of our transformers and he wanted us to install an extra transformer right in front of his house so he could get more power.  Needless to say, that never happened.  Checking all the electrical connections in the RV panel would be a good first step to make sure there isn't a loose connection causing this problem.

Archived