International hdt

Danandfreda

Avoid any MaxForce engine. Or bring a lot of repair money with you. They have a worse reputation than 6.0 Fords.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 minutes ago, Danandfreda said:

Thanks guys I remember reading something about international but couldn’t remember good or bad thanks. Hey Darryl how are you and Rita?Didnt you go to Arizona?

International is fine as long as you have like a Cummins motor in it. :D

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

On 12/7/2018 at 8:11 PM, Danandfreda said:

Must be a reason they’re only asking 20 thousand. Knew it was too good to be true. So it’s not international as a brand just maxx force motor. 

Correct, the MaxForce engine had lots of issues with their emissions. I don't know if they still make them or got better at some point, but they seriously struggled and hence why the very cheap price. Supposedly if you delete them, they aren't bad motors, but that opens up another whole can of worms. Their resale definitely has taken a hit because of that motor.  

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Navistar Hit With $30.8 Million Judgment in ProStar/MaxxForce Lawsuit

https://www.truckinginfo.com/141709/navistar-hit-with-30-8-million-judgment-in-prostar-maxxforce-lawsuit

Milan is a good size company. But the MaxxForce almost put them under. At one time the International dealer in Jackson Tn. Had a lot full of there trucks. Just for Jokes and Giggles. Stopped in to check on one. Salesman told me the company traded them in. They were the kind that trades in trucks every 300,000 miles..🦄

I asked him if that was for sure true. Again yes great trucks, and he could get me in one. For a low price of $17,900. Truck was less then 2 years old. My wife's uncle was half the team that ran this unit.

Laughed at the fool, then told him  I was not Stupid. And he had better change his lie. Walked in and talked with the Manager. Told him the great deal his salesman was trying to pull on me. Lets just say those 2 were about to fight. As the trucks were to be destroyed. The Lawsuit made Navastar to Destroy 20+ of those trucks. There that bad.

event.png

There are some shops around that have had real success in deleteing and re-tuneing the max force. The guy I talked to said once you get past all the emissions junk it's a really good simple engine. But....it cost 5k to do all that and if you buy a used one you run the risk of having an engine that was already damaged. 

On the other hand hand I know guys that were buying 3 at a time because they were so cheap. Driving one and using the other 2 for parts!

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Archived