Florida licensing idea???

Purple Tractor

Are you relocating to Florida?     I have not read the state statute however, I think the issue is any trailer bearing ON the vehicle.    In other words, a tag trailer is OK, a 5th wheel OR gooseneck is not?

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Registering a HDT as a motorhome in Texas is easy.  Just fill out the form saying you made the necessary modification to make it a motorhome and it is done.  Registering my HDT as a MotorHome vs a Private Truck nearly cut my annual registration in half.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

I believe TN is making a BIG effort to attract retirees. I've been told that RV registration fees are capped at about $30 ~ $35 a year. Several HDT forum members reside in TN so, HDT registrations in TN are doable. I-40 runs pretty much through the middle of TN so, it's easy to get into and out of TN and travel to other parts of the country.

If you are already registered as a MH in OR, I wonder if FL would need to do any kind of inspection or if it would just be a normal title transfer like any other motorhome coming to the state? Maybe FL inspects everything, I don't know? I know that doesn't technically make you meet their definition, but is it really a problem after the fact once it's registered as a MH in FL? 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

On 11/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, Purple Tractor said:

We're full timing, just looking at different domicle possibilities. DW loves Fl, kids and grands close by and we're looking at the health insurance stuff, we're not old enough for medicare for several more years...... can't wait to get out of Oregon.

Purp.......we were both born in Oregon and still spend enough in state to claim residency but also spend winter and much spring in warmer states......

Oregon is....well...... Oregon with all it's .....quirks but for RV licensing and operations it ain't too bad and costwise its about average......

I used to have a couple of joints in Florida and fly a lot out of Florida and it's ok some of the time but it's the pits when the weather is not ok.......

When people ask me about Oregon I grin and mutter......"well, Oregon has two seasons......Winter......and..... fire-season....but it's ok for RV operations (except NO  double-tow).....

Maybe Maintain Oregon residency but spend some Florida time??

Drive on......(Oregon residency.....don't breathe the smoke)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived