I need to renew my Licence

I am wondering how you are receiving your mail and legal documents as well as paying your taxes and voting? If you have a mail service, many states will not allow the use of one for your driver's license or vehicle registrations, The list of states that will is pretty short with TX, FL, & SD the leaders but NV is another and I think TN does as well. For any of the first three, check out the Escapee Mail and address services

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

37 minutes ago, SWharton said:

I am wondering if this is legit. The Hartshorns are experienced full-timers and shouldn't be having questions like this. 

But they have never done things the way most of us do.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The question is real! And as "Linda" says we don't do things like everyone else does. We do pay taxes and vote like we always have. We have been out for five years and the only issues we have had is this one. But we find we will have to take up a resident with a Family member to establish an address for our license renewal. 

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

6 minutes ago, homelesshartshorns said:

The question is real! And as "Linda" says we don't do things like everyone else does. We do pay taxes and vote like we always have. We have been out for five years and the only issues we have had is this one. But we find we will have to take up a resident with a Family member to establish an address for our license renewal. 

If you vote, don't you have to have an address for (on) your voter's registration card? It would seem that address would be the one you use to renew your DL.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Just renewed my drivers liscense in SD. If you use a PMB you must show proof of one night stay in state and two letters addressed to your PMB. I used the renewal notice for my tags and an insurance bill both addressed to my Escapees SD address along with a receipt of a stay in a nearby campground.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

Just renewed my drivers liscense in SD. If you use a PMB you must show proof of one night stay in state and two letters addressed to your PMB. I used the renewal notice for my tags and an insurance bill both addressed to my Escapees SD address along with a receipt of a stay in a nearby campground.

FWIW if you are one of the former MyDakotaAddress customers and want a license updated with your current address info, you need to supply all of the above as if you were asking for a license renewal and you need to sign another residency affidavit.  We did this last week in Sioux Falls and we were in and out of the DPS office in <30 minutes.  It costs $15 to get an updated license.  

We were planning on being in SD anyway, so doing this wasn't a big deal for us.  It gave us the opportunity to meet the staff at YourBestAddress where we know have our domicile.  it's a much, much larger operation than was MDA.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

2 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

But we find we will have to take up a resident with a Family member to establish an address for our license renewal. 

I'm guessing that your state of domicile doesn't accept a mail forwarding service for address on driver's license? What address is on your vehicle registrations as most states have the same requirements for that as for driver's licenses?  Mind sharing what state you are from?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived