Merry Christmas To All

wildmandmc

Backatcha Marine,

Happy Holidays all, and a prosperous New Year.

We had snow here in Denver, and the week here could not be better. I'm scouting houses between here and the Springs and 50 miles East and West. We are through with family obligations and can't be outta here soon enough. We both fell in love with CO when I taught at the Academy for three years 1978-81. We prefer seaside but in view of what is coming according to the scientists, we think we'll take our chances inland.

Be happy.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 12/25/2017 at 10:42 AM, rynosback said:

But I much prefer the warmer weather year round.  

I love snow but prefer it in digital pictures and videos. I drove in enough of it that I doubt I'll ever miss it. 

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas day and one to be long remembered. We spent time with family this year and even 3 young adult grandchildren that we had not seen in nearly a year or longer. May your new year be an adventure with your challenges simple and your experiences memorable! 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We both are expert skiers and love having 4 seasons. We are also going to downsize from 5 acres. To what I don't know yet. There are so many great choices that we are going to get an apartment and take our time, eight hours a day if we want, looking for the perfect  home/fit. My SH has made it clear no more full-timing, and after 45 years together I'm OK With that.

As far as climate, the cold here is dry as is the summer heat. In the area we live in, NW Louisiana/East Texas, the humidity is horrible making 95-100° temps steamy and uncomfortable, especially yard work. Winter is wet cold. It gets old when we need to use the heater at night and the A/C afternoon and evenings.

Summer here in CO is lovely, as is Spring and Fall. But I would not like an RV in 10° and lower weather.

It just goes to show that one size does not fit all.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived