3 Months in the truck????

lappir

I don't know if I will be able to do it or not. 

Accepted a job in Pensacola, FL. but still want to spend time in Tallahassee. I have a spot reserved in Tally and the only spot I could easily find near Pensacola was only 30 feet long. My 42 foot trailer won't fit I'm sure. Hopefully my unmeasured truck will. My plan is to park the trailer in Tallahassee for my weekends and stay in the truck for the 3 shifts I work in Pensacola. I will commute back and forth on the motorcycle with the car remaining on my Huge spot in Tally. Hopefully it's only for 3 months. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I did something like that, but for 3-4 days, not months!!  I'll bet it would still beat a tent/sleeping bag on the ground.    

Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

You can it with some simple planing.

I have stayed in our truck for weeks at a time for work. When I had jobs out of state. The DW wife was still working so she had to stay in the fifthwheel.

Now the truck has everything to camp in. Like a small grill, potapoty, sleeping bags and fishing gear. It also has electric heat, generator, sink, refrigerator and misc. stuff.

So yes it can be done with a good attitude.

Safe Travels,.   Vern

Depends.  If you're of a certain age, not having a bathroom, hot shower, and other comforts of home would be a deal breaker for me.  I've worked for enough years to have earned at least a room in a hostel and a warm shower every morning.  More than a night or two in the truck is in my rear view mirror.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

We stayed at Pensacola RV Park a in 2012, it was big enough for us. Although they booked up. 

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

If you want to leave Tallahassee out of the mix, the Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale is about 50 miles from Pensacola. Every spot can take your unit, but probably 30 amp spots are the only ones available now. Home every night, commute with whatever vehicle suits. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Thank you for the replies. Tallahassee is the main place I want to be. The closest job was Pensacola. The first place that had a spot until March I grabbed. My trailer won't fit, but I think I will be able to manage with the showers either at work or in the park. With 12 hour shifts it's work eat and sleep for three nights and then back to Tallahassee. Wish me luck. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

When the fifth wheel was in the shop for repairs last year, wife and I parked the truck in a campground close to the showers and stayed in it for 3 months while waiting for the repairs on the fiver to get finished. It wasn't really that bad. Fortunately the campground (Port Hueyneme Naval Base in Oxnard, CA) was in a nice setting next to a golf course with a nice cafe withing walking distance. It was an experience, but was good to learn than we were able to do it - also with 2 small dogs. And the real challenge for my wife - no TV!

Tom and Sandy

1999 International 9400

2012 Mobile Suites 38RESB3

2013 Smart4two Passion

2003 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

USN RET

• 6 months later...

I did survive the three months and got some snow to boot. It was just starting to get warm when my contract ended. I can tolerate the cold much more than the heat and without starting the truck I don't have A/C. Not sure how the neighbors would like an idling truck all night. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Hey Rod, talk to the hospital administrator.  They often have a bank of call rooms available for physicians and other personnel.  He may be willing to “rent” you one for the tour at a cheaper price than the site.  Most have a lounge, bath and showers, tv, etc.  Administration loves to see cash.

Oops!  Didn’t see your post above.  I’m a day late and dollar short.  Keep in mind for the next assignment.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived