Dodge Mega Cab?

freestoneangler

Anyone using a Mega Cab model to tow a 5th wheel? We're considering a 3500 SRW to tow a smaller (<10,000 lb.) trailer. A neighbor has one and the rear cab is huge... which we think will be much, much better for travel with dogs. I realize the 6'3" bed requires a sliding hitch, but think that's a reasonable tradeoff for the roomier rear cab.

I currently own a 2006, 2500 Quad Cab which has been a very reliable truck. We'd like a few more features/comforts (leather heated seats, and integral exhaust brake among others) and the moderate increase in towing capacity of the 1 ton model.

My research is also showing that the AISIN transmission in the 2013 and newer models is a much improved combination with the 6.7L Cummins.

Thanks

I think you'll notice more than a moderate increase in towing capability moving up to a late model 6.7. Our 09 wasn't bad and the newer ones or even better.

Newt

2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB

2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

• 1 month later...

2016 3500 single wheel mega cab is rated to even pull our 16,000 lbs 5th wheel. My wife wants me to look at a Dual wheel 3500 in 2 years. She likes our Kokiak but wants a normal pickup again. Sure hope I can talk her out of it. No way Will I pay what they want today for that new Ram. In 2 years a new one will be pushing $100,000.

Pete

event.png

Archived