Classes of 2008 and 2009

Freddy and Delcie: Glad to hear you figured out the oxygen so you could stay in CO for the summer. I know how much you guys love it there.

Winter plans are changing, the workamping job isn't going to work out in FT Myers Beach, the person they hired to replace me last winter is staying on. I knew that was a possibility when we went west last winter. So we started looking at other parks in the FMB area and soon realized most parks don't use workampers and that it is a very expansive area. Here's what we have figured out, Dec in FMB and Jan-March in Palm Harbor which is still on the gulf side but further north, just above St Pete and Clearwater. We started looking here because it's on the Gulf, has beaches, I have a friend from MI that winters in St Pete and a cousin in Holiday FL. And the price allows me to retire for the winter. Yea! So any of you coming to FL this winter, you know where we will be.

My 2nd shoulder surgery was done July 8th and I start PT next Fri. I spent much less time in the op room and therefore the healing process is going better than the first. I think the right had less damage than the left so not as much repair work done. Karla is taking very good care of me and the hardest part is being around our grandkids and not being able pick them up, play or even help much. And so it goes.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eric.....glad to hear surgery went well and you are on the road to full recovery! I may need you to help carry stuff back from Mexico again....LOL

Marsha and I will be in FL late fall/early winter. Plans look like mid-September to first of November so it appears we will be heading West when you arrive....dang! Have a good last half of summer and winter in FL. Catch you guys sometime in the future.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Freddy and Delcie: Glad to hear you figured out the oxygen so you could stay in CO for the summer. I know how much you guys love it there.

Winter plans are changing, the workamping job isn't going to work out in FT Myers Beach, the person they hired to replace me last winter is staying on. I knew that was a possibility when we went west last winter. So we started looking at other parks in the FMB area and soon realized most parks don't use workampers and that it is a very expansive area. Here's what we have figured out, Dec in FMB and Jan-March in Palm Harbor which is still on the gulf side but further north, just above St Pete and Clearwater. We started looking here because it's on the Gulf, has beaches, I have a friend from MI that winters in St Pete and a cousin in Holiday FL. And the price allows me to retire for the winter. Yea! So any of you coming to FL this winter, you know where we will be.

My 2nd shoulder surgery was done July 8th and I start PT next Fri. I spent much less time in the op room and therefore the healing process is going better than the first. I think the right had less damage than the left so not as much repair work done. Karla is taking very good care of me and the hardest part is being around our grandkids and not being able pick them up, play or even help much. And so it goes.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Eric. I had figured you'd be around Fort Meyers so now we know exactly where you're going to be --- not that we know exactly where we will be. Don't be surprised if you have a few folks knocking on your door!

Eric.....glad to hear surgery went well and you are on the road to full recovery! I may need you to help carry stuff back from Mexico again....LOL

Marsha and I will be in FL late fall/early winter. Plans look like mid-September to first of November so it appears we will be heading West when you arrive....dang! Have a good last half of summer and winter in FL. Catch you guys sometime in the future.

I need your schedule! I'm emailing Marsha just as soon as I finish this!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We had to have Heidi put to sleep yesterday, we are heartbroken. In 13 years she was never away from Delcie more than a few hours. We are sure missing her.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Freddy, so sorry to hear about Heidi. All of us with pets dread the day......

Eric, Glad the second surgery went better.

Methinks you will have a lot of company way over there in FL this winter. We might be lonely sitting around AZ all winter!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Had dinner with Mike and Julie last nite. Sure enjoyed seeing them and looking forward to doing it again before they leave the area, Yall's ears were proly burning as we talked about everyone. Don't know where we will winter yet, ether Texas or Arizona. Stay safe and have fun!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

• 1 month later...

Closing the campground this afternoon. Going to Cochiti Lake for a few days then to Texas. Had three good meals and visits with Mike and Julie this summer. Missing everyone. Hoping to see a bunch in Az.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

That reminds of the story of Delcie's first visit to the magic circle. She complained the guy's shirt was too long. Oh, the stories this group has accumulated. I miss you all.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jeri

Delcie has a new Yorkie, 13 weeks old and a live wire, Her name is Echo Hope everyone is having fun .

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delce

So, you're new parents! Congratulations! Did she get the new yorkie for your birthday? I bet Echo will be doing tricks before long.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Thanks Jeri

Delcie has a new Yorkie, 13 weeks old and a live wire, Her name is Echo Hope everyone is having fun .

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delce

Welcome to our group little girl.

We will be in Arizona this winter. Probably get there about the beginning of December. We miss Arizona and we missed you guys last year.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Thanks Jeri

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delce

Can hardly wait to meet the new member of your family. And see you guys too, of course,

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hey, Freddy and Delcie - I just read Jan's blog and it sounds like you're visiting with them in Lubbock. Are you going to be gate guarding again this year or have you decided to take the winter off and train your new Echo? I bet Delcie is already working on the training.

We're currently hanging with the Hyders and Weavers in Florida. Wish you were here.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Just checking in so we won't be discarded with the quitters. Currently in MI and heading south the first of Nov.ish..... Going to KY. to finish the Bourbon Trail first, then maybe Smokey Mnts. or not....it's up to us and the weather but we will be south enough before it snows here in the midwest. Looking forward to seeing anybody from the group in FL this winter.

later

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com