Classes of 2008 and 2009

By the way, it's already getting HOT here in the Phoenix area. In the mid 90's today and that sun is getting intense. We've had one of the best winter weather experiences here in AZ and S. CA and are sure glad we came west this year.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't you the same Jeri that keeps telling Marsha and I to slow down? Ha ha! We are still in Mesa/Phoenix but will begin heading eastward on Tuesday. We are heading up over the mountains, through Payson to stop at the Very Large Array in New Mexico. We will then meander slowly across Texas (that state is tooooo big) to Houston.

You remember the saying, "Don't do as I do. Do as I say." I doubt we'll be here when you come through. Wish we could sit and chat a bit. Maybe we'll meet you on the road!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

By the way, it's already getting HOT here in the Phoenix area. In the mid 90's today and that sun is getting intense. We've had one of the best winter weather experiences here in AZ and S. CA and are sure glad we came west this year.

Definitely getting warm but at least the nights still cool off. Perfect weather for your climb up the mountain. I'll be looking forward to your post on the VLA.

Safe travels everybody. We won't be leaving for another couple of months.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Tomorrow is a travel day for me. By airplane. Boo. At least Minnesota is having Spring this year so it won't be such a shock to my system to go back there from North Carolina. Wonder how many of my bags will make it past the layover in Atlanta?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Two of my three checked bags made it past the layover. I guess that must happen a lot because Delta has a system here for delivering lost bags. That third one was delivered right to our apartment today. Now, if someone would just come unpack them for me. I sure do miss traveling by RV.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Two of my three checked bags made it past the layover. I guess that must happen a lot because Delta has a system here for delivering lost bags. That third one was delivered right to our apartment today. Now, if someone would just come unpack them for me. I sure do miss traveling by RV.

Linda

You can count on me. I'll be over to unpack them for you.......................................... I'm just not sure when.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You can count on me. I'll be over to unpack them for you.......................................... I'm just not sure when.

Too late for the bags; I already unpacked them. But the big box I shipped home is still waiting.

Linda

Linda

Bet you were glad to get home to Dave. Stay with the plan, you know it works. Are you planning to go back to Structure House again?

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Bet you were glad to get home to Dave. Stay with the plan, you know it works. Are you planning to go back to Structure House again?

I made a reservation to go back next winter Jan 3-Apr 3. Now if their kitchen staff would just come up here and do all the meal planning, cooking, and cleaning up in the meantime it would be easier to stick with the plan. :) I'd move there full time if I could get Dave to go too. I miss him too much to be able to stay away more than three months, though. I learned that my first snowbird winter when I was ready to go home long before the weather wouldn't freeze my pipes.

Linda

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I made a reservation to go back next winter Jan 3-Apr 3. Now if their kitchen staff would just come up here and do all the meal planning, cooking, and cleaning up in the meantime it would be easier to stick with the plan. :) I'd move there full time if I could get Dave to go too. I miss him too much to be able to stay away more than three months, though. I learned that my first snowbird winter when I was ready to go home long before the weather wouldn't freeze my pipes.

Linda

Linda

Actually, that is in a great location but it does get plenty of snow in North Carolina but you're only a short distance from the beach and I know you both love the beach. Maybe he'll "vacation" there with you.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Actually, that is in a great location but it does get plenty of snow in North Carolina but you're only a short distance from the beach and I know you both love the beach. Maybe he'll "vacation" there with you.

Durham, NC, is not in the mountains. Snow is so rare there that the staff totally freaked out when we got about two inches. :)

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

We will be pulling out of our homebase at Paducah Tx. this morning. Should be at our campground in colorfull Colo.Monday morning. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Watch out for all that traffic in Paducah, and have a great drive. :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• 2 weeks later...

We made it back to our summer workamp job here at Illinois Beach State Park. We left CA. 6 weeks after surgery on my left shoulder (torn rotator cuff). Still in recovery but able to drive. We drove shorter amounts in a day and we did have a blow out on the front right tire. Other than that, all is ok. I see a surgeon here on Thurs. to set the date for my right shoulder. Boy will I be glad when this is over. Being w/ the g-kids and not able to pick them up is hard and they don't understand why my arm is in a sling.

Stay safe everybody and have a great summer.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Eric - glad to know you are safely back up north. So will you be able to use your left arm again before you take the right one out of action?

We had planned on leaving next Monday and our plans are now on hold. Jim's heart doctor found he has a blockage in his femoral artery in his right leg. Will probably need to have a by-pass done (he had one done on the left leg in 2012) and recovery will be 6 to 8 weeks. I'm hoping they will release him to drive sooner than that but who knows. We don't have anything definite set up yet but I'm not doing any trip planning for now.

The good news is that his cancer scan turned out great. No problems and we don't go back until November.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Eric...glad to hear you are half-way on the road to recovery. I still think of you carrying that bird bath all the way from Mexico.....jeesh! You must be a heck of a work camper if they want you at 50% capacity...ha! ha!

Sandy...... glad to hear the cancer scan turned out well but sorry to hear about the clot. Sweat it out in AJ for a few weeks and Jim will be ready to Go! Good Luck

Everyone be safe

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• 2 months later...

Freddy -- We haven't heard from you in a mighty long time. How in the world are you and Delcie doing? Have your ears been burning because we've been talking about you both with the Hyders! However, you know it's all been good stuff because we miss you both!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Than

Freddy -- We haven't heard from you in a mighty long time. How in the world are you and Delcie doing? Have your ears been burning because we've been talking about you both with the Hyders! However, you know it's all been good stuff because we miss you both!.n

Thanks for the post,we miss yall too. When we got to the campground in May Delcie worked two days and then spent seven days in the hosp. with pneumonia. This alt. is hard on her but we are still here with her on oxegen when she is in the trailer. Heidi is not well, she will not eat and when we took her to the Vet he said she has a enlarged liver and maybe a tumer on her spleen. We are afraid we will have to put her to sleep. Other than that it has been a good summer. Delcie has our site looking good with flowers and rocks lining the ya

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

This darn computer is crazy, I didn't mean to post that yet but it did it on it's own. Anyway we are blessed to be in such a pretty place for the summer.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

So good to get an update from you guys. But sorry to hear about Delcie's breathing issues. Jim can't handle the higher altitudes either since his lung surgery. So far he doesn't need oxygen but that could easily change in the future. Even though it's so very very hard you will know when it is time to say goodbye to Heidi and wish her a wonderful journey over the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to both of you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

ThanThanks for the post,we miss yall too. When we got to the campground in May Delcie worked two days and then spent seven days in the hosp. with pneumonia. This alt. is hard on her but we are still here with her on oxegen when she is in the trailer. Heidi is not well, she will not eat and when we took her to the Vet he said she has a enlarged liver and maybe a tumer on her spleen. We are afraid we will have to put her to sleep. Other than that it has been a good summer. Delcie has our site looking good with flowers and rocks lining the ya

So sorry to hear about Delcie. Sounds like she's been working with the flowers though. We lost some of our plants around here when we were gone. It was hot and with no water, they didn't make it. Also, sorry to hear about Heidi. It is hard to lose our pets. We get mighty close to them over the years.

Keep us posted and take care of yourselves.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!