Classes of 2008 and 2009

Right now... we are in Florida. Will be here probably until April 2015 because of tests and dr apts and such. But if thats what it takes....

We have not traveled much this year because of doctor, etc. We bought a car because of all the travel to the doctors... and am keeping milage for taxes.... which isw going to be alot... we have traveled over 6,000 miles already... to go back and forth to Orlando...

But we do miss traveling. We had planned to go to CA, OR and WA this year and up into Vancouver.... and then cruise to Alaska...

Until we went to the doctors. Humph!

Hey.... wish the best for you guys. Will try to plan meeting when we get back on our feet.

Full timing since June 1, 2009 - Class of 2009 and loving it!
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.4L CC DRW 4x4 - 2013 39ft Keystone Alpine 3555 RL 5ver

Currently part of Sojourners

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jim & Sandie...... Just wanted you guys to know the Logans are alive well and kicking still. 2014 has been a bit tough on us.... I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March.... we decided to go through radiation therapy... which I just finished.... and am waiting to start tests all over again. But as the man said after he jumped out of the 10th story window....and passed the 9th floor...."So far so good"!

But life is good and we are learning to enjoy each and every day to the fullest. It is amazing how life changes when your doctor says, "You have cancer". We bought a different truck, new fifth wheel.... and a car, booked a cruise and are now planning trips for this month and next month.

But thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers and cards.

People are great!!!

Good to hear you are doing well now. I hope life continues to go well for you.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Delcie and I have been married 42 years today. There have been many ups and a few downs but we have been partners through it all. I love her dearly!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

as all the others have said, Happy Anniversary you too! Glad for the ups when the downs hit, happy for the both of you

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Anniversary Freddy and Delcie!! Hope you guys can have many more of them and we'll see you this winter. Keep the kayak right side up!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Thanks Steve,you are a couple of weeks late. Delcie has a birthday Friday and I will be catching up to you Oct the 14th.

We will be leaving the hosting job next Sunday, were ready for a break. Will go to Cochiti lake for a few days and then to Texas for Dr. app. and to renew drivers license. Hope to see ya'll in Jan.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

We will close the campground at noon today. It's been a good Summer but we are ready for a break. Hope everyone is well and happy.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

Glad to hear you had a good summer Freddy & Delcie. We too are closing up shop here in Ohio and hitting the road on Tuesday, Sept 16. We will mosie toward Texas via the Gulf. Then after the Holidays head to Q. Hope to see many of the old friends in the Southwest this winter.

Be Safe...........Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Last year Paul and I, plus a few others attended the Lake Havasu Winter Blast-its basically a fireworks competition/convention.

We had a great time and just booked for next year, if anyone is interested in joining us, the more the merrier. Steve and Carol and Mike and Julie will be there as well.

It starts Feb. 11- and goes to the morning of the 16th.

Its dry camping, nothing fancy, $100 total for I think 5 nights.

If you decide to come, use Porter as the Group Name so they park us together.

Here's the link for the sign up form, let me know if you have issues.

https://havasufof.we.../2015-fireworks

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We are in Heber City, UT, until Oct. 14. Just avoiding the heat further south in AZ and enjoying the beautiful fall colors on the mountains all around us. Heber is just on the other side of the Wasatch Range from Salt Lake City, UT. We will probably stop in Page, AZ, because we love Lake Powell. Then will be in Tucson for the winter. We just missed a few fellow SKPs! Sounds like eveyone had a great summer.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Hello all of the class of 2008-2009.

Well this year has been a bust for us. Since 2009, we averaged putting about 30,000 miles a year on the truck and trailer. This year (2014) we put about 200 miles total on rig. We bought a car because of our "stationariness". (New word for Webster... Ha means the art of being stationary and getting weary about it.).

All the stationary was due to health issues. Which hopefully the doctors will give us a clean bill of health here in Oct-Nov and we can hit the trails again. OOh to see the sights this great nation has to offer. God has created some majestic places!

But we are getting "itchy" feet and winter is coming upon us. So come Spring... we hope to bust out for new horizons.

And on the good side.... we did "sneak" in a 7 day cruise this year. I highly recommend you all think about doing a cruise. Fantasic relaxation. Them doctors can't stop us altogether!!! Ha. Wonder if those "sea miles" count as travel? lol

I knew a man, died at 89, that never went to a doctor after he got out of Navy. He said "doctors are for dying. You go to the doctor, they find something wrong with you and you die." He got out of Navy when he was 26, and for 63 years, he never went to the doctor. DW and I tried to get him to go to doctor... we lost.

I turned 67 and I can't get away from doctors. They just keep on with me. I told my doctors, "Life it too good to keep on coming to see you. Let's get this over with before you kill me." I am thinking there may be something to what my friend said.

I wish you all well in your travels.

P.S. We are stuck in Florida. And are thankful. Guess there are worse places to be stuck for the winter.

Edited by xnman

Full timing since June 1, 2009 - Class of 2009 and loving it!
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.4L CC DRW 4x4 - 2013 39ft Keystone Alpine 3555 RL 5ver

Currently part of Sojourners

P.S. We are stuck in Florida. And are thankful. Guess there are worse places to be stuck for the winter.

You bet there are; I got stuck in Minnesota! But, I'm breaking out of this joint Sunday. Hope you succeed in doing so as well.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda - you're starting your snowbird adventure this week next week?

Tomorrow. I have an appointment in Indiana Wednesday and it will take me that long to drive there. Busy packing so I'm only doing quick computer stuff during breaks today.

Linda

xnman - know what you mean about those doctors tying you down. This is the first time in a couple of years that we've actually been able to go anywhere. Hope you are getting the medical stuff out of your life so you can get out there and explore some more of this beautiful country.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

My doctor is not really happy with me but she let me go because I am currently headed to Durham, NC, where there are LOTS of good medical facilities. And I will be living on a campus with many daily interactions which she thinks I need. I'm too tired to write more now but will blog about all this one of these days.

Linda

My doctor is not really happy with me but she let me go because I am currently headed to Durham, NC, where there are LOTS of good medical facilities. And I will be living on a campus with many daily interactions which she thinks I need. I'm too tired to write more now but will blog about all this one of these days.

Linda

Good luck Linda and be safe.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Thanks. I'm in drive, nap, drive mode. Stopped for the night today right after lunch because I didn't like the wind and it was starting to rain. Being safe it what I'm all about.

Linda